THE BEGINNING:

| PROLOGUE |

A loud bell rang through the building knocking me out of my thoughts. It was now 5:30 PM. I'd gotten here at 4:00 PM. Many people had given up waiting but I kept my ground. The bell had gone off for the third time since I'd been here. I never knew what it was there for, even when I was little and would come over to visit, it never really crossed my mind.

I sat there trying so hard to look over my temptation to leave until finally a guard came over with a checklist in his hand. "Miss Gina Saint-Claire?" He spoke out in his monotonous, but very deep voice. I immediately stood up raising my hand. "Come this way please" he said soon after.

I grabbed my jacket off the chair I'd been sitting on for the past hour and a half, then followed the man. We walked through a dark passage containing cells on either side. You could barely make out the faces in them. The guard walked relatively fast as I caught up behind him. Hands draped out the gaps in the cells as they vaguely brushed against my shoulders. It was an intimidating and very uncomfortable feeling to be walking in the presence of these people.

The guard turned a sharp right before entering a room. A room I was too familiar with. There was a row of seats lined up next to each other. Each with a divider in between and a transparent glass revealing a door on the other side. A couple people had already occupied a few of the seats. I walked over to a vacant one and sat down.

My head deep in the palm of my hands as I waited for him. The door opened and a faint figure walked out cuffed, wearing an orange overall. He walked closer and closer towards me. I finally made out the figure. He sat down before me as he got hold of the black telephone on his side of the glass. I picked up mine.

"Hey babygirl!"

"Hi Papa..."