4

Gina's POV

We'd finally made it to Atlanta. Even though we encountered a couple turbulences on the way here, the flight was good nevertheless. It was my first time flying. I found myself grabbing onto Ayleo's arms each time the plane shook. He would just laugh and try to calm my nerves.

Mateo and I didn't talk much, unless his brief summary on how to get through basic admin at the airport counts for anything. Ayleo on the other hand, was really nice company. We spoke throughout the plane ride here and I'm not really the talkative person, but he managed to get a few stuff out of me, and vice versa. He mentioned how him and Mateo dance aswell as make music. I didn't bring up the fact that I could dance too. Only because I personally felt like that would be oversharing.

Right now we were heading over to the house that Mr and Mrs Bowles had bought for Mateo and I to stay in. The car journey consisted of idle chat between Ayleo, myself and his parents. Mateo sat staring out of the window, with his earphones plugged in. I'm guessing his volume was on high, seeing as everytime his mother directed a question to him, Ayleo would have to tap him just so he could answer. It's been so awkward between Mateo and I. We don't exactly know what to say to eachother. I can only imagine how much more intense it's going to be when it's just the two of us.

The car came to a stop outside of a huge three story home. It was nothing like I've ever seen before. The Bowles seemed very well off. It made me feel as though I was out of place.

Mr Bowles: Ayleo I'd like you to sleep here tonight. Just to make sure everything runs smoothly.

Mateo: I don't need a babysitter dad.

Mr Bowles: I don't care about what you think you don't need Mateo. I'm not I'm the mood to fight.

Mateo unbuckled his seat belt and exited the car without even saying goodbye to his parents. Mrs Bowles sighed before passing me a reassuring look.

Mrs Bowles: Don't mind him...he's not always like that...

I nodded in understanding.

Mrs Bowles: Well here we are. I hope you like it!

Me: I do. It's beautiful. Thank you Mr and Mrs Bowles...for everything. I know my behaviour was uncalled for earlier on today and I apologise for that. I appreciate your patience with me.

Mr Bowles: You're very welcome Gina! Oh would you look at the time! We've gotta get going. Ayleo will you help her with her bags please.

Ayleo nodded and stepped out of the car. I said goodnight to the two of them and got out.

Me: It's alright I've got them.

Ayleo: Very eager, are we?

I laughed to myself. He joined in with me.

We collected our luggage and watched as the car reversed out of the driveway and drove out of sight. We continued walking to the entrance and finally made it in. It was even more beautiful inside than it was outside. All of a sudden I hear barking and a small teacup yorkie came running towards me. It gave me a fright at first but then I came to realise how big I am compared to the puppy so I had no reason to be afraid.

Ayleo: Aye little man!

He lifted him up and brought him close. The puppy excitedly licked Ayleo all over. I smiled at the both of them.

Mateo: Benji get back here!

Mateo walked out and saw us with the dog. He stopped and gave me a straight face. I swallowed hard. His glare was a little intimidating. He then walked off and it was just Ayleo, the dog and I again.