Chapter 6

"No, get out of here." I said in a shaky voice. I didn't want him ANYWHERE near me.

I didn't want to get hurt again.

"Please? It'll only take a minute." Luke said as he shoved his way into my apartment. Oh sure, just let yourself in! I slammed the door shut, cheeks burning with anger. How dare he just walk into my place?

"What do you want?" I demanded. After he tells me whatever the fuck he needs to tell me, I'm kicking his sorry ass out.

"Number one: sit." He said. He looked around for a couch, but all I had for a chair was my desk. I only had the bare necessities in my room, since I would be going to college once I graduate.

"Number one: don't order me what to do. And I'm going to stay standing, because once you are done saying what you need to say, I want you out of here. So speak." I said, crossing my arms. He growled, and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh please, I grew sick of that from when Dylan started it." As soon as I said that, a white hot emotion swept over his face, tightening them like stone.

"Are you two... together?" He asked slowly, enunciating each word. I frowned.

"Are we what?" He stepped closer to me, his face looming over, casting a shadow on his features.

"Are. You. Together." He asked again, with the same frustrating slowness.

"Why should it matter to you? It's not any of your business." Before I had finished the last word, he pushed me against the wall, his hands like iron clamps around each of my upper arms.

"I'm only asking one more time. Are you together?" He said once again. Now his face looked calm, but I knew better. I could feel the angry emotion boiling behind his cool facade.

His hands squeezed hard enough to bruise, and it hurt so much tears came to my eyes.

“No, ok? Please let me go?” I asked, voice quavering. Luke gasped when he saw tears threatening to fall down my face, and released my upper arms. The blood started to circulate in my arms again, creating an unpleasant tingling feeling. He grimaced as he looked at my arms, now having bruises shaped like his fingers running parallel across my arms. He stepped closer to me and tried to pull me into a hug, but I pushed him away, tears now falling like raindrops down my eyes.

“Stop! Just... stop, ok? I gasped out. “Stop messing with my head! One minute, you're nice, then you're cold as ice the next! It hurts, so stop.”

“Amy...” He started to say, but I cut him off.

“No! I'm telling you now. Stop talking to me. Stop touching me. Stop bothering my friends and I. Stop doing anything that has to do with me!” I said, my voice now a yell.

“Amy, just let me explain... Amy!” Luke stood there in shock as I slid down the wall, my hands over my ears and my eyes squeezed shut. I could feel him as he knelt down in front of me.

“Amy.” He said, but I shook my head, trying to block his voice out.

“Stay away.” I whispered. Even though my hands were clamped down over my ears, I could hear his breath hitch. I slowly opened my eyes to see his face, still and cold.

His eyes were full of pain.

I felt a stab of pain in my chest, as though someone had taken a sharp dagger and stabbed me in the heart with it. His eyes cleared, then filled with knowledge. Somehow, he knew that I had just felt the same pain he had felt just now. I released my ears, then pointed to the door.

“Out.” My voice was quiet as I uttered the word.

“But-” Luke started.

“OUT.” I repeated, my voice slightly louder. He looked at me, then walked out the door, but stopped right where he was.