Chapter 3

"Eric, how did you get my number?" Okay, this is kinda creepy...

"I asked Kayla for your number and she gave it to me." My mouth dropped open.

You are so dead, Kayla.

"So, what's up?" I lounged back on my bed, only to flinch when my head touched the wall. Tonight, I'll shift so it'll heal faster.

"Nothing much. So, did you like the picture?" He asked tentatively. I remembered the note and blushed.

"Yes, thank you. That note made my day!" I said. He laughed, then asked me a question I thought he would never ask me.

"Hey, do you wanna go out someti-"

"I would love to!" I interrupted, then smacked my forehead when I realized how eager I sounded.

Never mind. Kayla, you are a freaking genius.

"Great! I'll pick you up on Friday at six." We said bye, and after I hung up, I called Kayla.

"I'm guessing he asked you out?" Kayla said.

"YES! Thank you so much! I owe you one! But don't abuse it." I squealed into the phone. I was never one to act girly, but this is an appropriate moment, wouldn't you say? We both laughed.

"So, when your first date with him?"

"Friday. He's going to pick me up at six." I looked at the calendar on the wall and started panicking. Today was Wednesday. I had exactly one and a half days to get ready.

"Knowing you, you're probably panicking about how close the date is, so I'll come over after school on that day to help out." I sighed with relief.

"Thanks Kayla. You're a life saver. Meet me at the woods at 10:30?" I had so much energy I was practically bouncing off my bed.

"Yeah. Bring extra clothes, Dylan and I wanna go swimming in the lake." We hung up and I looked at the clock. 10:05. I jumped off my bed and packed my bag with spare clothes. I put on my floral patterned bikini, then layered it with a hoodie and shorts. I ran down the stairs and looked around me to make sure no one was watching when I jumped out the window. I landed nimbly on my feet and took off towards the woods. Dylan and Kayla were already there, leaning against trees waiting for me.

"You got your stuff? I mean, I don't mind if you go skinny dipping..." Kayla and I simultaneously whacked Dylan on the head, laughing.

"Of course I do. I don't wanna have my goods seen, you perv!" He laughed, and we shifted, running towards the lake. Every time we do this, we race.

Every time we race, I win.

Hurry up, slow pokes! I sent through the mind link. They growled at me and sped up. It didn't really matter because I still won. They can never beat me because I run all the time and I have a smaller build than most wolves. We got to the lake and shifted back. For whatever reason, our clothes don't rip when we shift back and forth. I don't really think about it much. If I'm dressed, I'm good.

"Cannonball!" Dylan jumped into the lake and Kayla squealed when she was splashed.

"Dude, you got me all wet!" Dylan and I started laughing and Kayla blushed when she realized the other meaning to her words. I stripped out of my shorts and hoodie and dived in, feeling the cool water surround my body. I resurfaced and floated around the lake on my back, my nerves relaxing and making me feel like jelly. Then I felt a hand on my ankle.

"Gotcha!" The hand yanked me into the water, submerging me. I came up sputtering. Dylan was laughing.

"You, you should've seen yourself!" Then he imitated me flailing about and spluttering. I swan up to him, shoved his head into the water, and swam away. Kayla floated near us, smiling.

"Are you guys done? If yes, then let's play marco polo."

"Not it!" Kayla and I screamed together.

"Damn it. No swimming underwater!" Dylan grumbled. He closed his eyes and counted to 20 while Kayla and I swam to opposite sides of the lake, far away from him. We can't underestimate him though, he was on the swim team.

"18... 19... 20! Marco!" He yelled.

"Polo!" He swam towards Kayla, and she shrieked. He swam faster towards her, but at the last second, she swan away, and his head hit dirt.

"Fuck!" Kayla and I cracked up at this.

"Marco!" Uh-oh. He's pissed.

Which means he's serious.

"Polo!" He started swimming towards me. Shit. I swam straight towards him, slapped his cheek, and darted away. He cursed, then started to say marco.

"Marc-"

"Well, what do we have here?" I looked at the shore opposite of where we set out things down, and saw Faith, Luke, and a few other people who I didn't want to see right now. They were also decked out in swim gear. This was the first time I've seen them here, at the lake.

"What are you doing here?" Dylan asked in a steely voice. Kayla swam in front of me to cover me and I hid behind her, trembling.No, I'm not a scaredy cat, I  just don't like facing people who make my social life a freaking hell at school.

"Why can't we be here? After all, this is PACK territory. Anyone in the pack can be here." Faith shot back. She walked closer to Luke, who put his arm around her waist. A sharp pain stabbed my chest, for some reason.

"Come on, let's go." Dylan said. The three of us swam back to shore.

"Hey, loser!" Luke called out. Kayla grabbed my arm, shaking her head at me, but I turned around to face him anyways.

"What?" I called out, bracing my self for the worst. He smirked.

"Anytime you wanna lose the v-card, call me." He said. My face paled.

He didn't.

"Shut the fuck up, you bastard!" Kayla screamed. I turned my head away, tears streaming down my face. Dylan and Kayla were cussing at them while I grabbed my stuff. Faith, Luke, and the others just laughed and yelled back.

"You guys, stop!" Dylan and Kayla stopped and turned around. "Let's just go." They hesitated, but grabbed their stuff and followed me. Kayla put her arm around my shoulders in an effort to comfort me and yelled out one last comment.

"Luke, stay away from her, you son of a bitch." The woods went silent after she yelled that out.

"Are you okay, Ames?" Dylan and Kayla looked at me, worried.

"No. I'm done." I said with a note of finality.

I'm just done.

I checked my watch. 11:28. I wiped the tears off my face.

"Let's go running. I need to forget what just happened." They nodded in agreement, and we ran deeper into the woods to shift. I took off running. No specific destination, just ran off.

I'm done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you like this chappie? People, don't assume she's gonna go off herself...

Cause that's not what I have planned for this book.

Vote!

Comment!

Kisses! XOXO <3