Chapter 12

I slammed the door open, marching into my room and throwing my bag down in frustration. I raked my hand through my hair, my mind focused on ice blue eyes and the scent of musky wood infused with sweet mint. All day today, I couldn't even focus on using the cash register after what had happened last night with Luke. Just as I was getting ready to change my clothes, my Droid rang. The ringtone was so loud in my quiet room, I think I jumped about 5 feet away from my bag. Literally.

I fished my phone out of my bag and answered it.

"Hello?" I asked. It was 8:00 PM, so who would be calling at this hour?

"Hey." It was Luke. As soon as I heard his deep voice, my heart started beating a little faster.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked, trying(and failing) to sound the least bit calm.

"Nothing, just wanted to check up on you..." After that, the almost non-existent conversation drifted to the point where neither of us had anything to say.

"So, how's the weather?" I said almost desperately, in an attempt to get rid of the fast-growing awkwardness. He snorted, then laughed.

"Really, Amy? You're asking me how the weather is?" He mocked. I laughed, thinking about how that probably sounded to him.

"I really want to see you again." I sighed out, missing him.

"Look out your window." He whispered, then hung up. I ended the call and climbed over my bed to look out my window. There, standing three feet away from the building, was Luke. He motioned for me to open the window. After struggling with the creaking hinges, I finally pushed the stupid thing open. i moved back so he could climb in through the window. After a few minutes, he stood in front of me, all 6"3 of him towering over my 5"1 stature. Before I could say anything, he lifted me up until I was as tall as him, and claimed my lips in a kiss that took my breath away.

"Hey." I said, breathless from the sudden kiss. Luke chuckled and set me down, nuzzling into my neck.

"Hello, my little mate." I giggled as the stubble on his chin tickled the sensitive skin on my neck.

"Stop! I'm all sweaty!" It was scorching today, almost 104 degrees today. I was sweating like a pig the whole day, so I don't think I smell exactly appealing right now...

"You smell great, like..." He inhaled my scent and thought for a few moments. "Like strawberries." He declared, and began to nibble gently on my neck. I moaned in pleasure. The feeling of his teeth on my skin was like steel covered in velvet. Soft, but with a little sting.

Luke growled and pushed me against the wall, capturing my lips in a passionate kiss that burned. I threaded my fingers through his hair and pulled him closer. He propped one hand on the space of wall next to my head and wrapped the other around my waist. I moaned as his lips traveled down my neck to my collar bone, giving me a playful bite.

"Wait!" I said as I felt his fingers slowly start to travel underneath my shirt.

He froze, then let go of me, stepping back to give me space. "Too fast?" He asked, afraid that I was going to push him out the window.

In normal circumstances, I would have.

"Yeah, sort of." I said, fidgeting with my fingers. Luke stepped back to where he was and enclosed his hands over mine. When he saw that I didn't pull away, he pulled me in for a hug.

"You know we don't have to do anything until you're ready, right?" He said. I nodded my head, but so many things were running through my head that he noticed my lack of concentration.

"Hey, look at me." Luke tucked his fingertips under my chin and tilted my head up so that my eyes met his.

"I can wait. If it takes you months, or years before you're ready, I'll do it. Because," He kissed my nose. "I," Then my cheek. "love," My other cheek. "You." He declared, then pecked my lips.