Chapter 9

"Luke, what do you want from Amy now?" Kayla said, glaring at him. Luke ignored her.

"Is this the guy you were talking about, Amy? When you said you had a date?" Luke demanded. Dylan and Kayla shot me questioning looks, wondering when I had ever talked to him alone during the past few days.

"Yes." I said, not daring to use a voice louder than a whisper. I clutched Eric's hand tighter in an effort to not cringe away and hide. Luke's eyes didn't miss a thing, narrowing as he watched my hand clench Eric's. His brow furrowed.

Oddly enough, his expression cleared and he smiled.

"Okay. Looks like I'm going to have to take things into my own hands." He swiftly walked over to me, grabbed my hand away from Eric's, and swept me up, hanging me over his shoulder. As he walked away from Dylan, Kayla and Eric, I got over the initial shock and started to pound my fists against his back.

"What the hell, Luke? Let me go!" I yelled, but he just gripped me tighter and started running, heading towards his car. He opened the passenger door, popped me in, and shut it. Before I straighten up and get back out, he was already in the driver's seat and used the safety lock. I started banging on the windows once I saw Dylan and Kayla a few feet from the car.

"Help me!" Luke screeched out of the parking lot, leaving tire marks on the cement just as Dylan and Kayla reached the spot. I unbuckled my seat belt and tried to open the door, but Luke took one of his hand off of the steering wheel and grasped both of my wrists in his huge hand. He took his other hand off and opened the compartment in between our seats, looking for something while keeping his eyes on the road. He produced a plastic tie and fastened it around both of my wrists, then he released his grip, refastened my seat belt, and put his hands on the wheel. I started trying to bite the plastic off.

"Oh, for Christ's sake." He took out a piece of fabric from the compartment and tied it around my mouth, leaving me unable to talk or bite the plastic off. He drove right to his house, getting me out and slinging me over his shoulder as if I were a backpack again. I still yelled and screamed until my voice was raw, even though my pleas were muffled by the fabric gag.

He kicked the door open, walking in before kicking the door shut again. He headed towards a room I knew all too well.

Crap, crap, crap, I thought. Not the Cage. My heart sank as he tossed me onto the bed in the middle of the room, saying, "I'll be back." Then he left, locking the door behind him. I slumped back on the bed, cursing him.

Okay, so what I just brought up was the "Cage." Definition: A structure of bars or wires in which something is confined. It was the room he would lock me in to scare me. He wouldn't unlock the door until the night had passed and morning appeared. I was terrified of the night when I was in sixth, seventh, and eighth grade. Mostly because of a stupid movie HE had dared me to watch. He would only open the door when the sun was up, and even then, I would be crouched in a corner of the room, shaking in fear while he laughed.

The question that remains: Am I still scared of this room?

Answer: Yes. Deathly so.

What made this situation worse was the fact that the curtains were closed, leaving me in murky darkness as he didn't bother to turn on any lights. I put my knees through the space between my arms, struggling because my wrists were still bound. I let out a cry, my voice still muffled by the gag. I closed my eyes and tried to think happy thoughts.

Key word: Tried.

I started singing in my mind. Music always helped me when I was in a tough spot. I started humming the lyrics to Fire by Augustana.

No, it don't come easy

No, it don't come fast

Lock me up inside your garden

Take me to the riverside

My eyes started leaking tears, rolling down my cheek and dripping onto my jean-clad knees.

Fire, burning me up

Desire, taking me so much higher

And leaving me whole

I heard the door slowly creak open, and a crack of light filled the room. I swiftly looked up, loving that one bit of brightness shining into the dark room. Luke was standing there, looking confused.

"Amy? Why are you-Oh. Oh shit!" He said, remembering what he did to me for three years. He flipped the switch and I sobbed in relief as the lightbulb came to life. He ran over to the bed I was sitting on and climbed next to me.

"Crap, I'm so sorry. I forgot about all the stupid things I did to you." He said, wrapping his arms around me in a tight embrace. I pulled both of my arms over his arms, clutching his arms tighter to me. He gasped when he realized I was still gagged and tied like a turkey. He untied the gag from my mouth and  made a move to get up so he could grab a pair of scissors to cut through the plastic ties on my wrists.

"Hold on." He mumbled, getting up from the bed. I immediately felt the loss of warmth as he left my side.

"No! Stay, stay with me!" I gasped out while holding onto his arm to stop him. I didn't want to be left alone in here. Crazy as it sounds, I always thought this room was haunted by dementors.

Yes, laugh if you have to. He made me watch Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban. 

He just stared at me for a few seconds, then returned to his spot next to me, pulling me close to him again. We just sat like that for a few moments, feeling each other's warmth.

"Ames?" He asked. I looked up to is neck, not daring to look up into his face. He gently tilted my face up, his fingers under my chin to coax me into looking higher. I stared into his eyes, which were a clear blue with a hint of passion. He looked at my lips, then back up to my eyes. I licked my lips, waiting in anticipation of what would come next.

He slowly leaned in, as did I.

"Wait." I looked at him, questioning his words. He took off my glasses and set them down next to us.

"Don't want a repeat of last time." He muttered, and I giggled. Once again, he moved closer, and I closed my eyes as he took my lips in a soft and gentle kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't want to just leave the chapter's ending like this, but I figured it would keep you hooked until I have the next chapter up.

I am so sorry! I said it would have been uploaded last night, but it wasn't! I sorta fell asleep on my laptop last night... >.< I apologize deeply!!!

Also, check out my new story Baby, The Stars Shine Bright. You won't be disappointed! (I hope.)

BTW, can someone please make me a cover? I know it would most likely be better than mine, so PLEASE!!! >o<

Please:

Vote!

Comment!

Kisses! XOXO<3