Ch.29

Joeys POV

The thought of killing people comes to my mind almost everyday. I'm not saying I enjoyed it it's not l didn't mind it. I felt like a badass, saving everyone and killed 6 people? I know it's low key fucked up but it was really fun, putting my life on the line, for someone I love... badass daddy over here. Joey Graceffa? Never heard of her.

I walk down stairs with a bandaid on my cheek, covering my cut. Daniel comes running over to me, holding onto my waist.

D: so how is the hero doing today?

J: I'm not a hero, I killed 6 people in a process of saving 10 kids

D: well you did the right thing, well kinda. Putting your life on the line to save innocent people.

Daniel places kisses all over my cheek and I just let out a high pitched giggle.

J: check on Mason, he is sleeping up stairs. I'm going to see how Emma is doing ok?

Daniel nods his head and starts to walk up stairs. I peak my head into the living room and see Emma just sitting on the couch staring at the wall.

I sit next to her and touch her arm, she flinches a little and relaxes when she realizes it's me.

J: baby how you holding up?

E: Daddy a blonde lady wants hurt us...

J: blonde lady?

E: her name was Brittany... she left as soon as you came... daddy she said she was looking for you, she said she was going to kill you. Daddy I don't want you to go to sleep forever

J: baby I'm fine, I'll protect everyone. I have things to hurt those nasty people, I won't sleep until all of those people are dead.

E: daddy I don't want anyone to die...

J: well sometimes daddy needs to protect us. I ruined her business... she is getting people to come and hurt us. Me, Daniel, James, and Shane are practicing shooting. We are going to protect everyone. I promise Emma

E: daddy don't go to sleep forever

J: I'll try not to, now do you want to go to sleep? It's 9:30...

E: yes please...

I pick her up and put her on my waist. Why did I think I could get off easy? Why did I think I would be done with everything? I was wondering why they only had 5 bodyguards there. Ashley was just like a helper or something, helping with the paperwork. She wasn't the boss, why did I think she was the boss. Why am I so fucking stupid.

I set her down in her bed and pull the blanket over her body. I kiss her forehead and reassure that everything is going to be ok.

I walk into the bedroom and Daniel starts packing up the guns we are practicing with.

J: Daniel this shit isn't over... there is this bitch Brittany, she was the boss...

D: should I call Shane?

J: yeah, we can get in some more practice I guess, I'll go grab James.

Daniel goes over to the dresser, picking up his phone. I walk out of the room and knock on Chloe's door. I hear a slight "come in" from her and I open the door.

I see chloe on her phone and James on his as well.

J: There is bad news, the gang is coming for us...

James: so I should get ready?

J: yeah he are going to target practice

James: can you pack my bag... I need to get dressed in black like you said