Chapter 1

Greykit found himself waking up from the funniest dream he had in moons. He glanced around to find his siblings, Rainkit and Brindlekit. They were both sleeping still and he wanted to tell them his dreams.

Rainkit woke suddenly and glanced at Greykit and Brindlekit. Greykit felt worried and asked, "Are you okay?"

Rainkit blinked a couple of times before looking over at him. She opened her mouth to speak, but all the cat out was a yawn.

Rainkit stopped yawning and said, "I had the weirdest dream,"

Greykit remembered his dream and chuckled to himself, but he turned his attention back to his sister and asked, "What was it about?"

Rainkit wrapped her tail around her tiny paws. "I was in a rain storm and then a flood came into the camp and I couldn't swim. I felt myself drowning. You were there too, but...I can't remember anything else about it,"

Greykit felt really concerned for his sister and said, "Maybe you should go see Spiderwillow. It might have been a nightmare. Oh! Do you wanna hear about my dream?"

Rainkit seemed to brighten up and she nodded. She always liked his dreams. They were about funny things mostly, but sometimes he'd go on great journeys.

Greykit smiled and said, "Okay so I was in the middle of a field and you were there. You suddenly gained the powers to fly and were amazing at hunting. So you stretched out your limbs and got a huuuuuuuge mouse! It was bigger than the whole camp! You then were promoted to the leader right away and you chose me as your deputy! Then you turn into a giant cat and destroyed all the darkness from the world, it was the greatest dream ever. Oh also at the end you turn back down into normal size and when you spoke. You only croaked like a frog!"

Rainkit laughed and said, "That's a silly dream, why would I ever be the leader. I want to be a medicine cat like Spiderwillow. She gets to speak to StarClan and she doesn't have to worry about fighting and I love the scent of herbs!"

Greykit wrinkled his nose and said, "They smell terrible in my opinion and they taste terrible too. The only reason I got to taste them before I even became an apprentice was that-"

"I had very severe Whitecough!" Rainkit mocked Greykit. She started laughing afterwords.

Greykit tackled Rainkit playfully and said, "It was, I don't care if I had it for only a day!"

Rainkit batted at her brother's ear and said, "You were so sick. You thought you were going to die! Oh, the horror! You had a very bad case of Whitecough!"

Greykit growled and said, "I did too!"

Greykit looked over at Mistyclaw and saw that she was beginning to wake up. He put his paw on his sister's mouth as she was about to protest and said, "Let's pretend we were sleep-"

Mistyclaw looked over at them and said, "Some cats are trying to sleep in here. If you got to play then please go outside. Don't disturb anyone or else they might make you apprentices late,"

Greykit and Rainkit gasped and Greykit said, "We promise we won't disturb anyone! I don't want to be apprenticed late!"

As they were padding out Greykit thought he heard Mistyclaw laughing, but it might have been another cat.

Greykit and Rainkit glanced around the area until they saw Blizzardslip. He was the greatest hunter in the clan, at least that's what mother said. She probably said that because he was their father, but the leader even said he was a good hunter when he brought a lot of prey back.

Blizzardslip saw them and padded over to them. He smiled and said, "How'd these two kits come from me?"

Greykit was confused and said, "Oh....we much prettier than you!"

Blizzardslip purred and said, "Yes, these must be another's tom kits, or else they get their beauty from their mother. Yes it must be their mother's genes to make such beautiful kits,"

Out of the nursery came Brindlekit and Mistyclaw. Blizzardslip purred when he saw them, and said, "Yep, it's confirmed they must get their beautifulness from you dear,"

Mistyclaw cuffed his ear and said, "Your handsome too, but you'd better get going or Thornstar will have your tail,"

"Mouse-dung, I gotta go, but remember to ask before you enter the elder's den," Blizzardslip said as he headed out to patrol with Shadewing and Fallensplash.

Greykit padded over to his brother Brindlekit. Brindlekit smiled and said, "That was a well-deserved nap. How'd you guys wake up so quickly?"

Rainkit padded over to them and said, "I had a nightmare,"

Greykit watched as Rainkit told the story to Brindlekit once again. He glanced over towards the medicine cat den to see Spiderwillow peeking out of the den. He padded over towards them and said, "Rainkit I think you'd better come with me. You might need some herbs after that dream,"

Rainkit shrugged but didn't dare disagree with the medicine cat. All Greykit saw was their tails as they padded into the medicine cat den.

Greykit poked Brindlekit with his tail and said, "Let's go to the elder's den!"

Brindlekit nodded and padded over to the elder's den with Greykit. The glanced inside to see the two elders, Bramblespirit and Driftslip.

Bramblespirit smiled at the, as Driftslip groaned and said, "Great the kits of the great Blizzardslip are here,"

Bramblespirit lightly shoved Driftslip and said, "Don't talk about your son like that, he's a great warrior and his kits will be as well,"

Driftslip chuckled and said, "His kits will be because of his great mate Mistyclaw. She's a great warrior,"

Greykit and Brindlekit sat and listened as they told the story of how Thornstar, at that time Thornstep accidentally let a kittypet into the camp and the whole clan hissed at him for being so mouse-brained.

As the story of Thornstar was being told Sagekit and her siblings were beginning to wake up from their slumber.