Chapter 4

Sagekit woke up the next morning and yawned, she padded over to the medicine den. Toadkit was their still laying down. Toadkit's injuries seemed to heal very slowly, it had been four days since her injuries and she was barely walking still. Her one leg was crush under a rock and was limped.

She couldn't be a medicine cat because there were already two and they couldn't have three or EagleClan would think they were being unfair in the medicine cat area of the clans.

Sagekit still remembered the incident from the back of her head. Today was going to be their apprentice ceremony.

Toadkit's eyes flickered open. Sagekit felt her breath she didn't know she was holding come out. She smiled and said, "Do you feel alright Toadkit?"

Toadkit yawned and sat up saying, "Yes, Sagekit I am fine. I am very grateful that you come see me every day since the accident. It makes me feel less lonely when I'm in here. Heronstep's not much company since he can't hear, He usually doesn't come with Lightningpaw so I can't speak much because he's not very good at lip reading me yet,"

Sagekit nodded and said, "I hope you don't have to become a medicine cat apprentice! I wanted to be a warrior with you!"

Toadkit smiled and said, "Heronstep says my leg should be good enough to walk around. He also said I won't be a medicine cat apprentice if my leg heals correctly. He says I should only walk from here to the nursery and then back. Then when I rest more. I can sit down at the meeting for our apprentice ceremony,"

Sagekit smiled and said, "What if you don't get apprenticed? I'll wait for you! I won't let you be apprenticed late without me,"

Toadkit smiled and said, "You are so kind, but I don't think I'll be apprenticed late,"

Sagekit tilted her head and said, "You can barely move, how will you explore the territory?"

Toadkit chuckled and said, "I'll do the dreaded job of cleaning the elders' ticks and bedding for my first day of apprenticeship,"

Sagekit crinkled up her nose and said, "I'll do them with you,"

Toadkit smiled and got up slowly. She put a small weight on her hind left leg. She didn't wince and started padding to the elder's den which wasn't that far. She then padded back and said, "That barely hurt, I'll put a little more weight on it,"

Toadkit then leaned a little bit more on her leg and said, "It kinda hurts, but I'll walk to the nursery and back," Toadkit did as she said and said, "I'm pretty sure I'll survive as an apprentice,"

Sagekit smiled and said, "I'm so glad...I didn't..." She started to tear up. Toadkit padded over and sat next to her, "It was my idea to go out,"

Sagekit sniffled and said, "I was the one who said we should race up the rocks, It's my fault I almost ruined your life,"

Toadkit put her tail on Sagekit's mouth and said, "We argue about this every day. I shouldn't have suggested the idea of going out,"

Lakestar padded outside of his den and onto the high ledge. He cleared his voice and said, "All cats old enough to catch their own prey come for a clan meeting!"

Sagekit watched as the warriors came out, she wondered which one would be her mentor. She really hoped Honeyfeather or some cat like that was her mentor. Maybe she'd have the deputy as her mentor! Then she remembered Toadkit and thought, 'She'd rather Toadkit's mentor be Morningpuddle than her. Even better she could have the leader as her mentor!'