Chapter 3

Greykit woke up and remembered what today was going to be! His apprentice ceremony was today and he had to be on his best behavior. Greykit looked over at his siblings Rainkit and Brindlekit. They were starting to wake up. Mistyclaw was already awake and cleaning their fur.

He realized his fur was clean as well. She must have cleaned him when he was asleep. He smiled and said, "I hope we get good mentors! I don't want someone bossy like Wetmask, but I will respect whoever my mentor is," Greykit said to his half-awake siblings.

Brindlekit yawned and said, "I hope I don't get a young mentor who hasn't had a mentor before,"

Rainkit frowned and said, "We should really be careful..."

Greykit frowned, ever since she had been in Spiderwillow's den that one evening she had always said they should be careful. When they tried to sneak out she told Mistyclaw and then had to do an apprentice duty of cleaning ticks off of the Elders.

Thornstar came out of his den and said, "Every cat able to hunt their own prey come for a clan meeting,"

The warriors were the first out followed by the apprentices and then the elders. The queen and then Greykit, Brindlekit and Rainkit came out last.

Thornstar looked at Greykit. Brindlekit, and Rainkit and said, "Brindlekit step up please,"

Brindlekit smiled and padded towards the front of the crowd.

"Brindlekit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Brindlepaw. I ask StarClan to watch over you and guide you until you find in your paws the strength and courage of a warrior," Thornstar spoke.

He signaled for Fallensplash to step up. She surprisingly padded up next to Brindlepaw and smiled.

"Fallensplash, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You had received excellent training from Jaysnow, and you have shown yourself to be fierce and brave. You will be the mentor of Brindlepaw, and I expect you to pass all you know to Brindlepaw," Thronstar said.

Fallensplash pads over to Brindlepaw and they touch noses as mentor to apprentice.

The clan starts to cheer, "Brindlepaw! Brindlepaw! Brindlepaw!"

Brindlepaw padded over to Mistyclaw and Blizzardslip who both congratulate him. He the pads over to his mentor Fallensplash to watch the rest of the clan meeting.

Thornstar glances back at Greykit and says, "Greykit please step up,"

Greykit felt his heartbeat pound in his chest as he padded up towards the front of the clearing. He hoped he got a good mentor.

Thornstar smiled and said, "Greykit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Greypaw. I ask StarClan to watch over you and guide you until you find your paws in your paws the strength and courage of a warrior,"

Greypaw smiled and looked around at who Thornstar was looking at. Thornstar flicked his tail at Shadewing.

Greypaw gulped and thought to himself, 'Shadewing has known to be a very harsh mentor, but he was very helpful and a lot of great warriors came from him like Bouncesky,'

"Shadewing you are ready to take on another apprentice. You trained Bouncesky excellently, and you have shown to be a great mentor. You will be the mentor of Greypaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to Greypaw,"

Greypaw pads over to Shadewing and touches his nose to his. Shadewing's nose was very cold and his green eyes were piercing into Greypaw's.

Greypaw then pads over to his parent who licks his forehead and tells him he's going to be a great apprentice. The only thing he could hear was coldness and fear.