Chapter 8

When Sagepaw woke up from her nap she realized that all the trees from her beloved forest home was gone and filled with fields as far as she could see. She glanced around until she saw a dark shadow in the distance. When it got closer she realized that the darkness was surrounding her.

She saw the cats eyes staring into her, she felt her heart beat racing as she realized he looked very similar to a cat she knew. His yellow eyes were such a give off that she took a step back to think. He looked like a cat who would kill for fun.

"Y-you're F-Frostdapple!" Sagepaw yowled. Why was she here with a dark forest cat. Had she did something wrong? No of course not. She was in a light plain before this she must have been in StarClan and he interrupted.

Frostdapple smiled and his teeth didn't shine like Whiskerbreeze's did instead they gave off a feeling of pure hate and suffering. Sagepaw didn't like where this was going and decided to close her eyes in the dream.

Her eyes flung open when she flashed into another dream. She felt sick at the sight. Down below her feet were two cats, Tinybelly and Frostdapple. He had his claws unsheathed and Tinybelly had scratches all over her.

Frostdapple had a few scratches her and their, but nothing too deep. Sagepaw's mother must of been a few weeks pregnant as she wasn't as fast as Lakestar usually said she was.

Out of no where Whiskerbeeze came and jumped on his brothers back. He had a look in his eyes. She knew that looked from when Rowanpelt had said his name. It was pure rage as if he had sinned terribly and was to die for it.

And he did just that, before he could even think he bite down deeply into his brothers scruff and he soon fell limp under him.

Sagepaw looked at her mother's eyes and saw terror and happiness. She was probably glad that he saved her, but the way he just killed a cat had scared her.

Sagepaw gasped as she was flicked into another dream. Instead of a dark airy land it was filled with plains like she had first seen in her first visit here. Frostdapple was all pure here, but StarClan didn't agree to his attack and banished him to the Dark Forest. He turned corrupted and his imagine was beginning to fade as lots tried to forget his name.

His imagine started coming back as Sagepaw saw the argument between Rowanpelt and Whiskerbreeze happening. She understood now. If a cat forgets you your gone forever and never coming back.

She was now face to face with Frostdapple. His eyes glowing a mischievous yellow and his grey pelt growing darker.

"I did nothing wrong," he spat at her.

"You tried to kill my mother! How is that not wrong?!" Sagepaw spat back before remembering he was a dark forest cat as well.

"I didn't want to kill her, just prove that she chose the wrong mate and that I was suffering. Whiskerbreeze betrayed me and I had no reason to die such a dishonorable death. I hate him, and now I'm stuck watching his two kits run and have fun. Then one decides to fall off rocks. Toadpaw is a great cat and it's all her fault she was maimed,"
Frostdapple hissed.

Sagepaw eyes widened as she was shown the flashback of her sister falling off the rock, except something was off. Sagepaw's paw pushed rocks down after her. She never did that. Or did she do it by accident trying to save herself.

Frostdapple glared at her and said, "You'd rather save yourself then help your sister! You don't deserve to be an-"

He was cuffed off sharp as a shining light blinded him back to his darkness. When Sagepaw looked over it was as white cat the color of snow. He was so small for being a warrior.

He frowned and said, "This is bad the Dark Forest is getting into cats dreams, but luckily they can't touch the cats,"

Sagepaw eyes widened and saw the vision over and over in her head. Did she really doom her sister? She didn't believe it. She tried to help her sister as well their was no way she did that.

The cat looked over at her and said, "That didn't happen. He changed it. They have power like we've never seen. The more the more bad is remembered, the less good is remembered, but this isn't about StarClan and the Dark Forest,"

Sagepaw looked at the white tom, he was like a fresh coat of snow, he wasn't that battle scarred either.

The tom frowned and looked at her saying, "Have you heard anything?"

Sagepaw felt anger at this cat, he believe that after all this time she'd be fine with seeing the life of Frostdapple and how his death and existence was fading and the coming back?

Sagepaw shook her head and said, "What are you talking about?"

The tom sat down and mumbled, "She hasn't heard maybe she's still pure, it won't make her paranoid,"

Sagepaw growled and tried to swipe at the tom, but her paw faded through him. Upon closer recognition she realized that he had stars in his pelt.

TThe tom looked at her and said, "Oh sorry. My name is Snowsun. I come from the great StarClan. I am here to tell you that do not fret my young one. Your destiny will be revealed soon. Do not let the past ruin you, your are our only hope,"

He faded away and she felt her paws tremble as she heard the calling sound of Whiskerbreeze.

Her eyes flashed open as she saw her father standing at the entrance of the door. Sagepaw felt anger run through her veins. This cat killed his brother.

Sagepaw hissed and said, "Go away you dirtbag! You brother killer!"

Whiskerbreeze flinched and Sagepaw thought she saw hurt in his eyes before his attitude came back.

"He did something wrong against the warrior code. He was going to kill Tinybelly and I couldn't allow that, I'm sorry for what I did, but I can not change the past. He is not to be remembered as he will fade away, but...I loved him so much," Whiskerbreeze said. He turned around and looked back at her.

"When your ready we'll begin battle training," Whiskerbreeze hissed through his fangs.