CHAPTER SIX, DEAD BODY IN THE OVAL OFFICE, PART ONE

THE SWORD AND SICKLE

PART ONE: REVELATIONS

CHAPTER SIX

DEAD BODY IN THE OVAL OFFICE

©2017, Olan L. Smith

Glenna left the hospital irked. She did not like being treated this way. Perhaps she was jealous of Angela being with her husband last night when she should have been with him. She had two Secret Service men with her at all times, and she always felt safe in their presence, but her husband was better guarded than she was and look at what happened to him. Perhaps it had been an assassination attempt and that was why her husband was being so secretive. After all, she was the First Lady, and she knew many things about the country were amiss. She assured herself that was it. He was protecting her from a horrible thing. As they emerged from the building to the parking lot, the place was swarming with the press; she was crushed by cameras and questions such as; why was your tour of Europe cut short, and why, is something wrong with the President? The questions kept coming one after the other. The Secret Service tried to usher her away to her car, when she stopped them. She turned to the press and said, "My husband is fine, he has suffered a mild accident while playing touch football, it flared up an old injury he had playing touch football as a child. There will be a press conference later, as you already know. I suggest you get ready for that instead of bothering me. Now, if you don't mind, I am very tired and I want to get home to see my children." She got in the car and the press was happy, because they had a story, and more questions to ask at the news conference.

―――――

Angela asked the Former President what he wanted. He pushed a button and a secret service agent came into the room. I do not want to be disturbed. Let no one in the room, not even the doctor or the nurses. Do you understand me?"

"Yes sir," and the man left the room.

"Angela, the doctor has told me that you had a seizure this morning."

"Yes sir, I did but it is nothing to worry about."

"Oh, I am not worried about a seizure. I want to know about your hypnagogic experience. Tell me who was in it and what was told to you."

"Oh, I am sure it is nothing at all, sir. It was some man whose name is Levi Jackson. I have never heard of him before. I am sure it was a hallucination, now that I think of it."

"Describe him to me."

Angela listened to the voice of the aged man before her. She thought, his body might be aged, but his mind was sharp as a tack and he spoke with the same authority he always had. "Mr. President, he had white hair, blue eyes, and was good looking."

"What did he say to you?"

"I was very concerned for you, Mr. President. After I remembered what the doctor had written about you having a 'locked in moment', I thought, perhaps if you did have a seizure, it might help explain what had happened to you. What he said to me was very personal, sir, and it was meant for only me."

"Angela, I am going to swear you to confidentiality, do you swear that what I say to you will not pass your lips to another person?"

"Yes, sir, I do."

"It was Levi Jackson who I was interviewing, yesterday when I had my seizure, or whatever happened to me. After seeing him, my hair became white and then I started to age. This man is very dangerous. He is a threat to the people of the world. I have just been informed that he killed Representative Dianne Menisci, while she was in the Oval Office acting on my behalf. I need, no the people need to know what he has told you. If you do not tell me, I will have no other choice then to have you detained indefinitely as a terrorist and public enemy of the state. Angela, he vanished in front of my eyes. We have no idea where he or his family are, and you are the only living person who has had contact with him. Please, I beg you, tell me what he said."