VI

One could imagine Percy's surprise, when she fell asleep in bed with her boyfriend and woke up in a car next to an old high school friend.

"Flash?" She groaned and sat up, rubbing her eyes. "What the hell are you doing? Why am I in your car? Where are we going?"

"Hey, Percy." He doesn't look away from the road, thankfully. "You see, I talked to your boyfriend and we both agreed that you need a vacation, so I'm dragging you down to Florida for a little reunion. It's also more convenient for me because when you inevitably pop up in conversation between our friends, I won't have to explain the last three years of your life."

"How did you even get in touch with Tommy?"

"It was easy. After I left, I went home and packed and then I came back and asked a nice waitress for your address. She said no at first, but I told her you were an old friend and showed her some pictures from high school, so she agreed." Flash smiled, but still didn't look at her because he was driving.

"Did he know your real reason for doing this to me?" She asked him

"Yes he did." He glanced at her for a moment and then turned back to the road. "I got to your house and you were asleep because you took the day off work for nightmares or something. I explained everything to Garland and he agreed that you were too reluctant to go back to your old life. We both knew you needed a little push, so we gave you that."

Percy couldn't deny that he picked the right day to kidnap her. She fell asleep as soon as she got home from work the night before because she had the night shift, so she never took her pills. Since she was so exhausted, she slept mostly through the night, but at 5 in the morning she woke up due to a nightmare. She took her meds to get back to sleep, which meant she would've slept all day.

"Did he at least pack me a bag?" Percy asked

"Yeah. It's in the trunk. He packed some clothes and other essentials like your tooth brush and what not." Flash explained.

"I'm hungry. When do we stop for food?" Percy asked.

"Once we're off the freeway."

So, he drove and they talked a bit until they pulled off the highway and found a fast food place.

"Are we going in or drive-thru?" Percy asked him.

"I was gonna use drive-thru. Is that cool?" He asked.

"I have to go to the bathroom." Percy explained to Flash.

"Okay. Run inside while I go through." He said. "What do you want?"

"Chicken, fries, and a coke." Percy told him. "And no ice because it hurts my teeth."

Once he pulled behind the last car in the line, she hopped out and walked to the door of the restaurant. She walked to the restroom and quickly did what she had to before washing her hands and walking out.

Flash was waiting for her right by the door, so she hopped in and they continued driving.

For the rest of the ride, Percy sang radio songs, slept, or talked to Flash. She was asleep when they pulled up to the house they would once again be staying in. He woke her up.

"Wake up, sleepy head." He said, shaking her shoulder. "We're here."

Percy  groaned and clambered out of the car. She stretched and looked at the house. She hasn't seen it in almost seven years. "It's bigger than I remember." She squinted up at the building because of the sun. "More intimidating."

"That's because you're scared." He told her. She glanced around at the familiar cars around her. Her eyes lingered on Wade's truck.

"I'm not sure I can do this." Percy said.