Mind and Lily

"Hurry up!"

"I'm going as fast as I can Scarlet!"

"We're gonna be late!"

Ugh, I don't understand how she isn't used to this yet; we have the same argument every morning. I like to sleep a little longer than my alarm would like but I always go fast enough that we're always on time. But Little Miss Preppy somehow got the idea in her head that we have to be to school like an hour early and why? "Because it's better we're early than late!"

"Lily Jenkins, get your butt down here!"

"I'm coming! Will you be quiet, you'll wake up Dad!"

Our dad works late nights at a research lab in the city, so he sleeps in in the mornings.

16-year-old Scarlet Jenkins. Tall and skinny with gorgeous dark red hair and altogether beautiful making her of course very popular. Her 15-year-old short, freckle-faced, brunette of a sister however considered an outcast and freak.

Scarlet sighed, "Whatever. Just come on."

I did an over exaggerated mocking sound of her sigh and said, "I'm coming."

She glared at me, got in the car, and we drove to school.

When we got to school I told Scarlet about my plans after school. "I have a swim meet after school so don't wait for me."

"Uh huh, K whatever."

We both got out of the car and herd a familiar voice that made me smile.

"Hey Lil. Hi Scarlet."

Scarlet glanced up with an annoyed look on her face. "Hi," she said then walked off to school being sure to strut like the perfect model she thinks she is.

"Hey Danny!"

Danny Cross: 15, about a head taller than me, curly black hair, glasses, and my best friend since before I can remember. Scarlet thinks he's a weird nerd and barley strains herself to put up with him, but he's really great.

"So Scarlet is in one of her good moods I see," says Danny. "What did you do to her this fine morning?"

I replied, "Same thing I do every morning, I 'Tot's take forev's to, like, get ready!'"

"You know your impression of her gets better every day!"

"Why thank you! Shall we?" I gestured to the school.

"We shall!"

The day went on like every other day. Danny's in all of my classes so if we need a partner for anything, I'm not alone. For lunch we had chicken or fish. Not like the choice of chicken or fish, more like, it might be chicken, it might be fish, but who knows maybe it's rubber. After school is over Danny I head straight to the swim meet. Since my dad is at work by the time school is over and doesn't get off until late at night, he never goes to my swim meets and Scarlet is too good to go to any of them. I mean I can't blame her, she's got her social life to think about. But Danny comes to all of my swim meets, so it's really just fine.

Danny says, "I'm gonna go take a seat, good luck!"

"Okay thanks!"

He sees the worried look on my face and tries to calm me down. I always get so nervous before my meets.

"Hey you're gonna be great okay? You're fine, now go be that fish I'm pretty damn sure you are!"

I smile and reply, "Thanks Danny!"

I go to the locker room. When I'm done changing and my nervousness starts to come back. Suddenly the hairbrush hanging from the hook in my locker starts to sway back and forth. Then it starts shaking more violently and I slam my locker shut. Luckily everyone else was done changing and left, at least that I could see. It happens when my emotions crank up too high, and it's getting stronger. I'm a telepath and I have telekenesis; I can move things and talk to people with my mind.