Chapter Nineteen :Selfish giver

"Wake up, Robin. We're home already."

The girl glanced at both sides with her eyes one inch opened.

"Pa?" She mumbled, sitting down. Her left cheek was cold. Her face had been leaning against the glass of the car's window.

"No," She heard a little laugh somewhere far away. "Stop, Ken. Robin? It's Miller, we're home. I mean, here at your house."

"Hmm? My house?"

Once her mind was cleared, the girl walked out of the car and waved her hand as the black car driven by Kennedy got lost in the shadows of the night around the corner. She was about to head home but someone was standing there. Shane, at one side of the front door, looked as though he were waiting for something. With confusion, she walked slowly on the small road that split the front yard of green grass and stopped before walking the three stairs to her door.

"Shane, what're you doing here?" Robin, still groggy by the long sleep, sounded rougher than she meant to. The blond boy turned to her and smiled, but it was evident that he had something else in mind.

"Waiting for Charlie to pick me up."

"But, why don't you come in?! Geez, it's cold out here!" The girl felt the coldness going through her thin grey MRI sweater. "Hold on, why are you here anyways?"

He chuckled.

"I guess you forgot."

Sudden realization. She gasped and took her palm to her forehead. Shane glanced at her with a disappointed smile.

"I'm sorry, I said I was gonna come. But I had to work."

"Work?" He looked mildly surprised. "Oh. I see."

For some reason, he didn't look convinced. The white limousine appeared round the corner and Shane Teaser, quite halfhearted, began to walk to it.

"Don't feel bad." He added, turning to her. "I had a nice time, and your grandma cooked for us. But I bet you could do it better."

"Don't be so sure." Robin answered with an inch of guilt. It hadn't been her fault entirely, but she felt bad that her memory had been so tricky. "When grandma wants, she's the best."

Mostly when the guest arrives in a limo.

"Yeah. I'll see you tomorrow." Shane's shape got lost inside the car. Robin entered the house with her keys, trying not to think about anything until she was on bed. Grandma and Joy were chatting very excited. The girl mumbled a goodnight and went upstairs without feeling like doing anything.

Before she fell asleep, she remembered Elliot's pale sick face as they went on the double bike. It made her laugh softly as she lay on bed. Revenge was sweet, indeed.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

"Hmmm...!" Robin growled that morning. Something was buzzing around.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

She opened her eyes. Joy wasn't on her bed. The girl glanced at her watch. It was still early, but at any rate she had to get up to go to school.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

"What the hell is that!?" At the corner of her eye, she saw her fluffy hair's monstrous shape after a night of sleep and felt ashamed of herself. Bzzzzz. "What--- where is that coming from?"