Chapter 2

Diamond's POV

Oh great! I made it on time.

I woke up late today but managed to take a quick shower, dressed in jeans, a white sleeveless shirt and threw a hoodie on, skipped breakfast, kissed mom and Violette goodbye, and run like a maniac to school and I made it on time.

Phew!

I walk toward the school, past the students with their usual morning chatter.

"Jewels", Hannah's melodic voice reaches me from behind me. Hannah was my friend among two other friends, Travis and Clark. Hannah speed walks to me in all her grace and auburn halo, with that angelic smile plastered on her face.

"Hey", I smile at her and after a brief hug, I notice a weirdly happy look on her face. I gaze at her with an inquiring look.

"Clark asked me out", she squeals.

Finally.

So that's what this is the reason behind the smile. I'm happy for her though. For the past month, Hannah had been going on and on about how much she was into Clark and honestly, I'd being tired of it.

"So what did you say?" As if I don't know what the answer would be.

She blushes hard and replies, "yes. We're going on our first date tonight". She jumping in excitement and I can't help but feel for her.

"Cool".

Hannah and I turn at the word to see Jessica had joined us. We peck each other on the cheek and Hannah squeals in excitement, "O.M.G!"

Jessica and I glare at her before following her gaze across the lot to see a black Volvo, a blue convertible and a grey Rolls Royce pull up.

Here comes the popular clique!

Sienna Monroe and Mia Jones get out of the blue convertible. Both are members of the cheer leading squad and they seem to be the only pleasant ones among the squad.

Sienna was a  striking with long, straight charcoal black hair and amazing brown eyes and a killer body. She was the daughter of Maryse and Jonathan Monroe, the CEOs of Monroe Corp. which dealt mainly in architecture.

Mia on the other hand, had curly platinum blond hair with shiny green hair and lush lips and had the body of a model. She was the second daughter among Gilbert and Kayla Jones' two daughters. Her mom was the sole owner of the Chic fashion house and her dad was an neurologist.

"Hmm, he's so dreamy", Hannah breathes and I catch tall blond soccer captain, Jeremy Meyer and his cousin,the auburn haired Trevor Smith alight from the grey Rolls Royce. Jeremy was the heir to Meyer industries and Trevor, heir to the Smith Corporations.

Ace Milan is the last to appear out of the shiny Volvo. He's dressed in black jeans, a black sweater and combat boots.

The sight of him zaps me to last night when Matt had taken me to meet Mr. No name, who lectured me on what to do and what not to do and if anything was not done to perfection and requirements, then fired I am.

I had introduced myself as Monica Pierce behind hordes of make-up. I had silently thanked Jessica for getting me a make-up kit. I'd been hired so I guess that makes me his personal bodyguard. I wonder what I'm guarding him against and scoff inwardly.

I watch as Sienna slip her arm through Jeremy's and Ace's arm go around Mia's shoulder. He grins his trademark million dollar grin and they walk side by side into the building.