Chapter 11

Ace's POV

I look at her in surprise and take the gun from her. She's supposed to be guarding and me walking in there but she's doing the exact opposite. She's risking her life in my place. I'm about to protest but she gives me this look that tells me her decision is final.

She gives me single nod and I stay rooted to my spot as I watch her move towards them from the edge of the tunnel. I take a step back and position myself well so they don't see me but I can see them.

Monica jogs over to them and stops right in the middle of the gang of seven males. This girl knows no fear. Well, she wouldn't have accepted to guard you if she did.

My mind zaps to Diamond and I wonder what her reaction would be if she found out about me and everything.

"Hey guys," I hear Monica say and push her hair from her face, "I need your help boys."

They all gaze at her. She sighs and stands akimbo "did you guys hear me"

One of them stands up and walks up to her.

"You the boss around here", her accent and her fake panting makes her ordeal very real. She'd pass for an actress.

"Who the fuck are you?", he says in a grumpy voice. He looks to be in his mid twenties.

Monica whirls to him with a frown, "oh, and who the fuck are you?"

Whoa! Steady.

The other guys starts to pull out guns. Monica throws her hands up, and down and actually laughs.

"I'm Monica, and I'd like to know where to locate Prey", she says and looks him straight in the eye.

"My name is Jeff, and that's the last thing you're gonna hear. Shoot her."

¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

Diamond's POV

What? Shoot me.

I catch one of them make a move to pull his trigger. This should be interesting.

Aiming for the head huh.

I watch his finger on the trigger.  Three. Two..... One.

I do the splits and call out Ace's name. He comes out and throws my gun at me. Dramatically, I roll of the floor and catch the gun mid air before landing to me feet.

I had never thought I'd use this thing. I guess I would now. I aim for a shocked Jeff and shoot.

A tranq gun? Are you kidding me? For the best.

He's down and I turn to see all others are down too. I run up to Ace.

"We got nothing", I tell him and he nods.

"I think we should take it from here"

Ace and I turn to see Ray, Trent, Declan and two others all in dark suits, staring at us.

"Sir, your father wants to meet you", Declan says, "Trent and Ray will take you"

"Sir", Ray says.

Ace glances at me and hands me the keys to his Camry, then whispers, "thanks".

I nod and watch him walk out with his personal guards.

"Agent Pierce", Declan states and I take I have to exit the scene now.

"You did an amazing job", Declan says and I nod, then head out to the car.

I drive back home, call Henry to inform him I can't come to work making a lame excuse but he understands. I call Matt next and he's fine with me not showing up. I'm about to call Max but I remember Ace saying he'd see me tonight.

Crap!

¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
A/N

Sorry for the very short update but I felt the need to stop here. Will update soon. Vote/comment.

Ashley Michelle Greene as Sienna Monroe.

Keep reading

Love.