Chapter 23

Violette (Dahlia).

"Dahlia."

I take a deep breathe in and turn to face Cecilia. Ready for whatever is coming next, and I hope she's not going to scream or call out for anything, or I'd have to knock her out. Simple.

"Dahlia, oh thank goodness you're here," Cecilia, mid twenties, redhead, green eyed beauty, wipes the back of her hand across her forehead and approaches me.

Goodness I'm here? Turn of events then. I smile sweetly and ask what she wants.

"Listen I really need your help and don't worry about Clint, he left with the boys  few minutes ago," she pulls a card from her pocket and I note she has a few books in her hands, "I need you to take these to the room upstairs for me, I've got a lot of other thing..."

"It's no problem at all Cecilia," I assure her and take the books and card from her, "I could spare a minute or two, after all, I'm only going to drop these and leave right?"

"Oh thank you very much Dahlia, you're an angel," she walks away after giving me a thankful smile.

Perfect!

I rush up the stairs to Richard's room and unlock the door. I blink a couple of times to adjust my vision through the very dim light. Richard is lying on the bed with earphones on and eyes shut. I lock the door behind me and rush up to the bed, dropping the books on the table as I went.

"Richard," I whisper, and when he doesn't move, I move over and pull out the earphones. That did it. He opens his eyes and I give him a wide smile.

"Dahlia?"

"Come on, we're getting out of here."

"What? No way Dahlia," he pushes himself off of the bed.

"Yes way and we are getting out of here."

"I might want to leave but there's no way I'm leaving here without"

"Maryse?" I finish his sentence and he furrows his brows, "my name is Violette Jewels and I work for Jennifer Milan."

"Jennifer asked you to do this," he asks in bewilderment.

I may not be one of the big guys she sends to do her work but I'm capable of doing certain things on my own at least.

"No. Your father is after me, Richard, and if I don't act fast, I can only guess what he'd do to me after finding out. I already got Maryse out of here and she's waiting outside, so the earlier the better Richard."

He regards me a long while. "Come on."

I smile and turn towards the door. He grabs my hand, "not that way Blondie, give me the card."

Blondie? I hand him the card and he moves over the bed.

"What are you doing?" I ask him and he smiles knowingly.

The next thing he does confuses me the more. His pushing the bed away from where it's stationed. Time is not on our side and he's repositioning the bed. Great! I pray Cecilia doesn't notice anything unusual.

From where the bed was, I notice a large rug spread out on the floor. Richard pulls off the rug and feels for whatever he wants to find.

"Whatever it is you're doing Richard, please hurry up with it," I'm started to get bad vibes and he's feeling the ground.

"Got it," he announces and I watch him slide the card through a long slot on the floor.

"What the," I breathe and watch in amazement when a large rectangular portion of the ground starts to descend in a staircase.

"Come on now," he holds out his hand to me.

Once I'm over my shock, I take his hand and he helps me down the staircase till I land on my feet. He follows suit.

"Aren't you going to shut it or something?"

"No, if I do, an alarm will sound and I don't think we'd want for that to happen."

"No."

"Come on."

We walk down a dark tunnel, straight ahead till we reach a metal staircase leading upwards. I look up and see it's blocked.

"Don't worry," he assures after following my gaze to the board, "climb up."

I do as I'm told and head up. Once up, I note we're behind the building and I spot my car. Richard climbs up behind me and then I hear alarms blaring and panic. We're not going to make it, I know that.

"Come on," Richard urges but I shake my head, "Violette?"

I decide then that if Clint has me, then he wouldn't bother going after them since he'd like very much to lead the Paragon gang here. "You see the car over there?" He turns and then nod.

"You go on ahead. Maryse is waiting inside, go now and I'll be right behind you. Now go."

"I'm not leaving you behind."

"But who said you were? Now go, I'll be right behind", I urge him and then I see he's sort of confused. I know Clint's men are closing in on us and of we don't act fast, we're dead. I'm dead.

"Trust me Richard, go."

After a beat, he nods and move towards the car. Once he's settled in, I move back where Richard and I came but two of Clint's men gets to me before I can react. A few others make their way round to where Maryse and Richard are.

"Maryse! Go!" I scream and hope they heard me not before I feel something hit me hard against the back of my head. My last thought before I black out is, Diamond.

~~~~~~~
Dear Angels, I'm so sorry for updating this late but I sure have a good reason but I don't think I wanna bore u with the details but then again, it'd be a long time before another update. So sorry angels.

Love Ana.