CHAPTER THREE: AMBUSH, PART ONE

THE SWORD AND SICKLE

PART TWO: DECEPTION

CHAPTER-THREE

AMBUSH

©2017, Olan L. Smith

"Now, Homeland Security and the CIA agents are ready to whisk you away and prepare you, Greta. We hope to have your apartment ready for the capture of Levi and his family by five p.m. this afternoon." Director Morgan said.

"My apartment, sir? Why will they be in my apartment?

They will explain it to you at the CIA headquarters. Meet CIA Special Agent Casteel; he will accompany you to your destination, and there you will meet with the Special Agent, Dr. Burton, who is a specialist in the field of telepathy. I hope to see you after you are finished. Have fun."

"Yes sir." I am looking forward to meeting my cousin for the first time. It will be extraordinary."

CIA Special Agent Reuben Casteel said to Greta, "We have a helicopter waiting for us. If you will come with me,

"Lead the way, Casteel. I am swift, so don't let me clip your heels."

"Don't worry. I can do the hundred meters in 11 seconds, flat."

"As they entered the elevator, Greta turned to Casteel and flirtingly said, "Special Agent Casteel, you may call me Greta, and you―what do I call you?"

"Oh, I am Reuben, Greta, and it is nice to meet you. What is this all about, may I ask?"

"Well, Reuben, if I told you that I would have to, you know what? If I survive this mission, would you like to have dinner with me?"

"Just so happens, I am single at the moment and would be pleased."

"Great."

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to have a drink or two. Where should we meet?" He asked.

"I'll call you."

"Then you will need my private number."

"No, I already have your number, Special Agent."

When they reached the rooftop, it took only a matter of a minute to get in, and soon they were at the headquarters. They ushered her in quickly to Dr. Carol Burton's lab. As soon as they entered, Dr. Burton dismissed Casteel. Assistant Detective Bastion, I presume. I am Carol, and this is going to be an intense course in telepathy, so that you may at least send a message to Venus that you would like to meet with them. We will also teach you to block your mind from probing so that Levi will not know of your deception."

"Okay, I have heard of things like this in sci-fi movies, and after what I have experienced today, I am open to anything. You are telling me that Levi will be able to hear my mental message to him and then come to my apartment, plus he will be able to probe my mind to see if I am deceiving him. What kind of being is he to be able to do these things? Is he an alien or mutant?"

"What I am revealing to you, Assistant Detective is something only the very highest leaders know anything about. We are not alone in the universe, and from the very beginning of the human race, people have been communicating with these beings. Since the time of Christendom, however, this information has been kept from the public, especially in Western cultures. The Church persecuted people who saw them as witches and fanatics, and most recently, they locked them up and told them they were crazy. The Catholic Church felt it was a great danger to their power and authority to have people receive messages from what they might believe were angels of God. Since the end of World War II, the first time we used nuclear weapons, these beings have reasserted themselves in our history by advising our political leaders as well as spiritual leaders. We believe that these beings are separated from our world only by wavelengths of energy. Some call themselves Pleiadians for the open cluster of stars called the Pleiades. They can see us, while we are only able to see them when we relax the brain and allow it to think at slower wavelengths. Greta, we are surrounded by a host of beings all the time. We only have to relax the mind to see them, touch them, and communicate with them."

"Holy crap, you mean I am being watched every second I am alive?"

"Yes, and I am sure you have experienced them in some way but dismissed them as hallucinations or dreams. These beings are known by many people, mostly spiritualists such as Levi Jackson, and others dismiss them as ghosts or things that go bump in the night, so to speak. For example, when you go to sleep, have you ever felt a sudden jerk that awakens you?"

"Yes, I have, and it always disturbs me; it is like I am falling."

"That is referred to as a hypnagogic jerk, and it is the origin of the phrase, 'Falling to sleep.' Your brain shifts as you go to sleep from beta waves to alpha/theta waves, and finally to delta—that deep, thoughtless sleep. It is like breaking the sound barrier for each of these layers of brainwave activity. In the seeable world, when something breaks the sound barrier, you hear the boom. In the case of falling asleep, or what people refer to as hypnagogia, we have a physical reaction, a jerk. In this case, the body jerks as your mind and body shift gears from beta-wave thinking to slower waves; it is like downshifting your car on a manual transmission; sometimes there is a jerk if you are out of sync with using the clutch. Sometimes, as you fall asleep, you will see images or hear sounds, such as pages from a book, and some may see sheet music or ancient documents and artifacts. Some will hear music or see and hear bands, orchestras, and such. Many great artists, inventors, and songwriters have used this to create new songs or new inventions. Edison is said to have used this technique while he was in the inventing process. He is said to have taken short naps in a chair, and when he awoke, he would immediately go to the drawing board to write down his dreams and create.

Then there is the waking-up stage, or hypnopompic, where the consciousness surfaces each brainwave barrier as it travels up from deep delta to theta waves, where you experience the realm of dreams, and then another shift upwards to the mind's on-guard state called alpha waves; in this state, the mind watches and protects. Moving from the theta up to alpha waves, some people experience another shift—a popping of the ears to let sound in. Before that time, the only sounds they heard came from the alpha sphere. In this state, you may experience Pleiadians and other beings talking to you that you later dismiss as dreaming. You might hear someone waking you up, sitting on your bed, pressing against your back, and many see them and converse with you. Some who are ill experience examinations from visiting doctors or other weird experiences, or they may feel like they are unable to wake up. In this situation, you are usually in sleep paralysis, and you may feel like you can't move. It could be that you feel like you can leave your body and travel with it. Also, in this condition, you may feel a pet jump on your bed or touch you only to awaken and know it didn't happen, or that you don't own a pet. We have been taught for so long to ignore the brain's connection to this realm that we don't listen to what the brain has to say to us about reality."