CHAPTER 30

"Tris, that's vandalism," I state as she takes out a pair of googly eyes and sticks it on an innocent bird's eyes on an informative board.

"I'm having fun," she shrugs.

"We'll get caught."

"And you'll get us out," Tris pats my shoulder with a mischievous smile.

"Umm, how about we don't do it at all?" I suggest. I don't feel it's necessary to have fun like this.

"Not an option, Tobias," she rolls her eyes and proceeds to look at the birds in the cages.

"Look at that one!" She exclaims and pints at a baby makaw in one of the cages. It has feathers with vibrant colours and it flies up to sit beside its parent. Tris coos as the mother starts cleaning its baby's feathers and the baby caws.

I hum and wrap an arm around her waist, placing my cheek against the top of her head. At least she quieted down a little; not that I hate it when she's bubbly and happy. I just want to wrap her in my arms and keep her away from the people who aren't good to her or who want to steal her away from me.

I glare at the man who looks at Tris hungrily, not bothering that she's already in my arms and not realising that i could break his neck in a snap.

"What the fuck are you looking at?" I snap at him.

"Never heard of sharing?" he cocks his head and Tris turns his way, too. I tighten my grip at her waist.

"I will rip your fucking ba–"

"Tobias!" Tris cuts me off. "There are kids around. Look." I look around and see two kids running at the cage.

"Daddy, look!" one of them shouts and a man comes and picks the child up. The kids look excited and the man smiled at his wife who kisses him.

I hope this will be us someday.

I almost forgot that I was pissed off at something and see that the bastard has already disappeared.

"Tobias," Tris places her warm hand against my cheek and I look at her, my body relaxing. "Calm down."

"I don't like it when people look at you like that."

"Me neither. But I can't do anything about it," she says.

"I won't let anyone treat you so badly," I pull her towards me and she stands on her toes to kiss me.

"I know," she smiles. "That's why I don't worry myself." I chuckle as she giggles and we start walking again to view the other creatures in the zoo.

"You haven't put a single googly eye anywhere. I thought you'll enjoy this," she complains.

"I am enjoying, baby." I kiss her hand.

"I'm not taking any excuses, it's your turn now." I'm handed the pouch by Tris and I sigh. I start walking towards a lion cage and stick the googly eyes on the picture of a lion.

Tris comes and inspects my work. I smirk and cross my arms. "I did a pretty good job," I say.

"Yeah, whatever." She skips to a trash bin and sticks bigger ones on it.

" She skips to a trash bin and sticks bigger ones on it