The beginning: Worst day of my life

I hear the soft pats of Air Jordan's shoes about 45 seconds later that indicates my best friend coming to meet me.

I hear the door open.

"Jen, listen. Ignore her. She's a slutty whore that will get no where in life but with 15 kids all with different unknown dads and obeying a pimp," she says.

I laugh slightly because its probably true.

"You just don't understand, Kimmie. Everyone likes you. No one makes fun of you," I say.

She just stares at the floor.

"Well, bottom line, she's a bitch," she says, staring at the mirror, fixing her hair clip.

"Fast conclusion," I say sarcastically

"We all know its true, all of us," she says, now applying lipgloss.

"What do you mean 'all of us'?" I ask.

"All of the 'unpopular' people, you know, three quarters of the school population that want boyfriends and girlfriends that they will never get?"

"Yep," I say, popping the "p".

"Well," she says, finishing re-applying mascara, "Its time to go. See ya," she says, putting her makeup bag back in her drawstring bag and walking out.

I nod and walk to my locker, pack up, and walk home.

Well, I'm in the third semester and graduation is nearly here, just moving too damn slow.

I open the front door to see my mom, ticked off and stresssed with bills.

Great. My day just got better.

I walk passed her and give her a "Hey" and she just gives me a "Muh" and keeps doing what she was doing.

I go upstairs and get on skype and try to chat with my boyfriend.

Then I notice an instant messsage I got yesterday that I haven't read.

From my-- guess who-- boyfriend Gavin.

My day just got worse.

Apparently he doesnt "feel the click between us anymore" and made sure to put in "It's not you, its me."

Typical.

Every boyfriend I have, we split with those 5 words, "It's not you, its me."

I decided to skype with Kimmie.

She answers within 45 seconds, like she was debating whether she should answer or not....

"Hey, Kimmie. I need to talk. Gavin dumped me. He used the five words too," I say with a disgusted smirk.

"Oh my godfather. That makes so much sense!" she says.

"That's offensive," I say, with a little frown.

"No. He just texted me and asked me out to coffee tomorrow.... He said you dumped him. But don't worry. I turned him down," she adds, and I see a relieved look passes my face on the skype camera, and I suddenly hate Gavin and everything about him.

"Ok. Well, I have to go girl. I will see you later. Bye," she says

"Bye," I say.

Great. Worst day of my life.