Chapter 4

*Demi's POV*

I forgot how it felt to have millions of fans standing right in front of me. All of them, shouting for me.

But, for right now... I have soundcheck. I paced nervously behind the curtain until it was officially time for me to walk out onto stage.

"Demi, go." Phil, my manager said. I nodded, said a quick little prayer, and headed out onto stage with a smile, and my hand waving back and forth.

The 32 of them went cheering. No matter the number, I'll always love my fans. I grabbed my guitar that was to the left of my seat, and sat down.

"How are you guys tonight? Ready for soundcheck?" I asked, and the crowd went wild. Everyone was jumping out of their seats, except for one girl in the back. I couldn't quite see her face, but I'll keep paying attention.

I began to sing the first song as soon as they calmed theirselves down. It didn't really take long.

Reasons why you ran
Don't make you a good man
Yes, I understand
You were on time at the wrong time

I ended up skipping the last chorus, and finishing the song before I began to cry. I don't know, I just get very emotional when I perform certain music.

"Would anyone like to request a song?" I asked. Everyone's hands went up. I don't usually do this, but I'm feeling generous.

I saw one girl dressed in a pretty pink dress, raising her hand and wiggling it in the air. It made me laugh, so I called on her. "Nightingale" She said. I smiled.

Nightingale is one of the songs that gets me very emotional very fast. I promise to stay strong, though. For my fans.

I can't sleep tonight
Wide awake and so confused
Everything's in line
But, I am bruised
I need a voice to echo
I need a light to take me home
I kinda need a hero
Is it you?

Towards the end of the song, I noticed that everyone was in 'awe', and their hands were over their chests as they swayed back and forth. Except, one girl in the back, the same girl who wasn't enthusiastic about soundcheck, tears were streaming down her face.

I moved my chair to the left a bit, and looked back at the girl. My eyes widened, but a smile crept across my face as I noticed that it was the same girl that I've been noticing the past few days. I felt bad that she was crying, but I just wanted to get up and go see her.

I could feel myself moving slightly in my seat, but I felt that it'd be best if I stayed up here. "Demi, it's time for meet and greet." Max said. I nodded, and stood up from my chair.

"Sadly, our soundcheck has come to an end, but if you follow my bodyguard, Max, you can meet me backstage for the meet and greet!" I said, and everybody went wild, and rushed over to Max.

I quickly ran behind the curtains, freshened up my makeup, and changed my shirt before walking backstage for the meet and greet. I stood in front of my Future Now Tour poster and smiled, waiting for Max to let the first person come in.

"Max, bring them in!" I shouted after five minutes. He looked back, and nodded. He directed the first girl in towards me. She looked around 10 years old, and she was beautiful. I smiled, and reached for a hug as she grew closer to me.

"Hi!" I said as she hesitantly hugged me back. She smiled at me, and posed for a picture, but after that she left out of the room. Well, that was boring. No, my fans aren't boring, but that particular meet and greet wasn't as fun.