Chapter 20

*Mariana's POV*

I never knew that a day in my life could be so boring. It's like, nothing has happened all day. Usually, Demi would have done something outrageously stupid, or some fan would come to the gate asking for an autograph, or I would be out and about.

Demi has been pissed all morning because they called her into work, and she wasn't supposed to be going today. Now, she's upstairs sleeping and I don't think she's going to wake back up.

Wow, I jinxed it. Demi came down the stairs with a bathrobe on and a cup of coffee in her hands. "Please, go upstairs and get ready. We're going out to a restaurant in a little bit." She said smiling.

Thank God for coffee. I would've had to tell her off today if she wasn't in a good mood.

I quickly ran upstairs and got into the shower. It's been a while since I've had the strength to go into my own bathroom and shower. Of course, I showered, but it would be in either Demi's room or the guest rooms.

I sighed, and took off my clothes and hopped in the shower where many memories came to mind. "Pick me up" I heard the razors from below the sink cry out to me. I debated on whether it would be worth it or not to get out and grab them.

It's all your fault. Get out and get them.

"It's not my fault." I muttered, walking to the corner of the shower, near the door.

He's only abusive towards you and cheated on you because you're ugly, fat, and worthless.

"No, he's just a dick." I said blatantly.

Go! You deserve i-

"Fuck!" I said before opening the shower door and stepping outside of the shower. I slowly reached for the box and placed it in my lap.

I began to open it, and scattered throughout the bottom of the box were my blades. Some clean, some old, and some with dried blood that I've yet to clean off.

I grabbed a clean one, and ran it across the back of my hand.

It's sharp.

I placed it on my left wrist and dragged it across. As I reached the middle of my wrist, I dug deeper... "Mariana? You've been taking a while!" Demi shouted.

I nearly jumped as I heard her voice, which made me cut even deeper. Blood began spilling out of my wrist at an unusually fast pace. I panicked as I threw the blade to the floor and quickly ran to the shower.

I placed a washcloth on my wrist and tied it around before attempting to wash up. I began to feel faint, but I had to do whatever I needed to do in order to not get caught by Demi. It'd break her!

N-not that I care, anyway.

I turned off the shower and got out of the shower. I dried off and left the room.

Demi sat on my bed.