Chapter 9

*Demi's POV*

Emotionally, I'm a wreck. But, I have to stay strong for Mariana. As of yesterday, Wilmer and I are no longer a couple.

*flashback*

"Yes, babe?" I said hugging him, and kissing his cheek. He pulled away, and stepped farther away from me.

"Who's Mariana to you?" He asked. In my opinion, he didn't seem too happy. I moved my hair from out of my face, and began talking, "My daughter." I said.

He sighed. "You have a kid? And you didn't think to tell me?" He said. I laughed a bit. "She's mine, not yours." I said. Okay, that was a bitch move.

"What do you mean? I'm your boyfriend, and I wanted to become your husband one day! I should've been in on this. I didn't want a kid." He yelled.

"Excuse me? What do you mean by 'wanted'? Don't you still want to become my husband one day?" I slightly yelled.

He rolled his eyes, and put his hand over his head. "Look, Demi. I love you, but it's either me or the kid. I'm not ready to deal with a hormonal teenager who's eventually going to steal my own girlfriend from me." He sighed. I've had enough lately of people and their damn opinions.

"Wilmer, you're a dick. I can't believe you just said that. You already know that I'm going to choose my baby girl. I love her so much." I said. He laughed a bit, and shrugged.

"You know, you're making a mistake." He said turning around to leave the room. I followed him, and stood at the top of the stairs.

"The only mistake was our relationship. I thought you were actually going to be something good for me." I said before he slammed the door behind himself.

I silently cried to myself while Mariana was watching t.v. I shouldn't be crying, he's not worth my tears. There goes 6 years down the drain.

*flashback over*

"Mariana, come down here!" I shouted up the stairs to her. I ran back into the kitchen, and placed the fruit salad, and toast onto the table.

I heard footsteps coming towards the kitchen while I finished making my coffee. She sat down on the opposite side of the table from me, and began to comb her fingers through her hair.

"I made fruit salad and toast for breakfast." I said smiling, but as soon as I mentioned food, her facial expression dropped. I sure hope she doesn't have a problem with eating.

"I'm not very hungry. I woke up aro-" She began. I know she's lying, and I don't have time for it. At least not today.

"Eat." I demanded, and she sat up, and grabbed the fork that was placed next to the plate. She slowly picked up a piece of fruit, and placed it in her mouth before slowly chewing it. I could hear her silently gag, but I didn't bother her about it.

It's been about five minutes, and she still hasn't picked up another piece of fruit. I've finished my food, and now I'm sitting here with her waiting for her to finish hers. I placed my hands on hers, and looked into her eyes. "Please, finish this. I don't know what's going on, but I know you can do it." I said. She smiled, and picked up another piece of fruit before shoving more and more into her mouth.

As soon as she finished her fruit, she sat down her fork, and put the toast back onto the plate it came from. She tried to get up and leave, but I held her hands. "Is there something that I need to know?" I asked. I'm worried as fuck.

"No." She said before leaving upstairs.

I sighed, and followed her upstairs. After a while, she came out of her room, and into mine. "Hi, baby girl." I said. She smiled at that, but her smile quickly disappeared. I wonder what's going on with her.