Chapter 8

I walked downstairs to reveal Demi finishing her breakfast. She smiled at me before taking her plate into the kitchen. "If it's okay with you, my two sisters, Dallas and Maddie, are coming over to meet you. They're here from Texas for a while." Demi said. I nodded, and smiled a faint smile.

Demi came over to me and smirked before picking me up out of the chair, and holding me in her arms. I laughed, and squirmed as she brought me over to the couch so that I was laying on her lap. I looked up at her as she was smiling and began to play with my hair.

About five minutes later, there was a knock at the door. Demi groaned and picked me up from off of her lap and onto the couch. She ran over to the door and opened it before squealing along with her sisters. I sat up, and watched t.v until they came downstairs.

"Is that her?" I heard a voice say as Demi came over to me. I stood up, and faced her two sisters as Demi hugged me and held me from behind. "Introducing my daughter, Mariana Torres. Isn't she beautiful?" Demi smiled, before kissing my forehead. I face palmed myself making one of her sisters laugh.

Both of them came over towards me, but the one who seemed older than the other hugged me. "Hi, Mariana! I'm Demi's older sister, Dallas. You're so adorable!" She said. I smiled a bit. I don't think of myself as adorable, or beautiful. I wish I looked like Demi and her family.

She stepped back, and sat on the couch with Demi and began talking. Demi's other sister came over smiling. I smiled back. "Hi, I'm Maddie!" She said, but shortly after that, her face dropped, and her voice became softer and turned into a whisper, "Trust me, I'm a nice person until you mess with my Demi. If you take her away from me, I promise, I will ruin you." She said before returning to her smile.

She walked over to Demi and sat on her lap. Demi hugged her, and kissed her cheek before she turned to me and smirked. I rolled my eyes, and began to watch t.v again. I can't be jealous. I can't get attached. I crossed my arms and began to think. Is Demi's family out to get me now? I mean, Dallas is amazing, but the rest of them seem to be so rude!

"Mariana? Want to go out to eat?" Dallas said smiling. I gulped, but nodded anyway. I can't let Demi find out. I've been doing so good lately. I guess I'll have to try. I can't risk anything.

I grabbed a pair of sneakers from my room before meeting everyone outside of the door. As soon as I walked out, Demi ran over to me and grabbed my arm. She threw Dallas her car keys, and told her to drive. Maddie marched over, and smiled at Demi, "Demi? Can I sit with you?" She asked. Demi looked unsure.

"I'm sorry, Madison, but I think I'm going to sit with Mariana. You can sit in the front, though!" She said smiling and rubbing her arm. Maddie gave me a look and turned around.

I walked over to the car, and climbed in the back seat with Demi closely following. It's almost as if she's attached to me. I've never had anyone go through what she has done so far for me. I've never had such a loving person in my life since my father's death.

"Are you okay?" Demi whispered to me. I smiled a bit, and nodded. She smiled. She laid her head on my shoulder, and closed her eyes. I looked down at her, and smiled, but when I looked up I saw Maddie who looked furious. My eyes widened, and I quickly turned away.

As we approached the restaurant, I moved my shoulder a bit so that Demi would wake up. She woke up, rubbed her eyes and yawned. I swear, it was the cutest thing, but I can't think about that. It'll make it harder to let go of her when I eventually have to.