Problems

When we finally reached the room I couldn't help but to go off on Max.

"What's your problem?! Do you not want to be near me anymore? Did I get annoying? Or are you ignoring me?" I said a bit mad, he just scoffed and walked to the fridge taking out a water bottle.

"Stop being fucking selfish Ava, not everything is about you." He said, I felt a bit taken back. Maybe I was over reacting...

"Then what is it?" I said more calmly. He opened his water and took a huge mouthful of it. I just stood there waiting for an answer; he looked away and then back at me.

"This is just a bit too much for me..." He said sitting on the kitchen island. I stood there trying to make sense of what he was trying to say then he took another sip of his water. "This fake marriage shit, like Ava I don't know if you know but I've liked you for a while. And bringing this up like this, its too much. What will happen once they find the guy that's after you, will this whole being in a relationship act end? You might no have feelings for me but this is just too much in my part. I'm worried for the future." He said looking down at his hands. I never knew Max had such strong feelings for me...

"I truly don't know what to say, you've been my best friend for so long I never really saw you looking at me like that. I'm sorry Max, I'm just scared of this ruining our friendship." He got up and walked over to me. My heart slowly picked up as he got closer with each step.

"I promise Ava, it wont change a thing. Because I'll still be here and you will too. It'll just make things better because I would protect you more." He responded, now he was really close. He was so close to me you wouldn't be able to stick your hand between us. We just stood there staring at each other until Max leaned in.

All of a sudden we were kissing, he put his arms around my waist. I gave in and moved my arms around his neck; the kiss was so slow and calm. We finally pulled apart looking at each others eyes, I was speechless. My feelings for Max started to grow as I realized I might actually like him like this. My dad once told me he would love to have Max as his son in law, because he trusted him taking over the business business and take care of me. I was slowly seeing how my dad could see this, Max knew us for so long he already has down how the business works. He always helps me with packages and he also cares a lot about me.

I looked at Max and I could tell he was also thinking, I didn't know what to say so the first thing that popped up I said. "I'm going to order room serves, what do you want?" I said walking up to the phone; I regretted it as he didn't respond. I just stood there with my hand on the phone waiting for his response.

"Some sushi sounds good." He said walking into the bedroom, I picked up the phone and began to dial.