Nightmares

I woke up to the smell of pancakes.

      "Dad!?!" I yelled as I jumped up, I was disappointed as I saw a scared Mary. I grunted and threw my head back, I remember waking up each saturday and smelling my dads delicious chocolate chip pancakes. A lump in my throat formed as I started to realize I might never see my dad again, tears formed and I pinched my arm trying to make it stop. I couldn't look vulnerable, Mary came next to me and put the tray down.

       "What's wrong Ava? Bad dream?" Mary said looking concerned, I just shook my head and sucked in my feelings then burned them in me.

      "No, just the feeling that this might be my last few days alive. Martinez is going to kill me if my dad doesn't give him what he wants and even though I don't know what it is; it wouldn't take my dad this long to get me back." I said making the lump form again but even stronger.

        "Well I bet somewhere your dad is trying to get you back, don't lose hope. I should let you relax, if you need anything just call." She said smiling and leaving, I smiled back and thanked her. I started to eat my pancakes and looked around, this room is so plain and boring theres nothing to do. After finishing my breakfast I got up and walked around the room, I looked throughout the drawers and found the same picture. The little boy looked so familiar.

        "Having fun there?" I heard someone say by the door, I turned and saw it was Frimzy. I looked at him confused as he came closer, he looked at the picture in my hand and his smile disappeared.

        "Who's this?" I asked giving him the picture, he took it and looked at it.

        "That's my dad and me." He said just staring at the picture, Frimzy is Martinez's son?! "Well it was who my dad use to be, haven't seen him smile like that in a while. I remember hiding this picture in that drawer so long ago as a kid." He smiled a little and put the photo back in the drawer.

       "Who he use to be?" I questioned him, he looked at me a little sad.

         "Well, he use to be happier and more kinder until my mother passed away." Frimzy said looking at me, I felt bad.

         "Oh, I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked." I said looking at the floor.

          "Nah it's fine, its the past and now just my memories. Well I came in here to say good morning sunshine." He smiled at me showing me his pearly white teeth, I smiled back and laughed.

          "Why are you being so nice?" I asked, he chucked and shook his head.

           "I don't know, just wanting to be nice." He said more as a question, we then heard someone coming down the hall I looked at Frimzy with wide eyes. The door opened showing Martinez who didn't look so happy, my heart dropped not knowing what was about happen.