Max?

Max! My best friend looking cute like always!>^       

    "What?" I said a little shocked, he looked away then back to me.

            "You heard me Ava, I like you. Ever since we where younger, I just didn't want things to change between us and when you got kidnapped I couldn't live without you. I love you too much and more as friends" He said looking into my eyes, I didn't know what to do. Well yea I felt interest in my best friend but i actually saw him as a brother.

       "I don't know what to say Max, like, I like you too a lot but I don't know what I would do if things change between us..." I said whisper like, his gaze dropped in a sad way. I got off him and put my hand on my lips bitting on my nail.

        "I should have kept quite, I'm sorry Ava. Should I leave?" He said standing up and rubbing the back of my neck.

        "Please don't, I don't want things to change Max..." I said feeling a lump in my throat form. He walked up to me and gave me a hug, I couldn't bare losing my best friend. I love Max, I truly do, but as a brother. I could see us married but I can't risk our friendship.

          "I promise things wont change, I love you best friend. Let's start going to bed..." He said tightening his grip, we released the hug and I walked to my bed. I slid in my bed as he laid on his mattress covering himself in his blanket.

      "Ava?" He said making me pop my head out the side, "Can we pretend this never happened?" He said looking at me. I nodded my head and he smiled, as I laid my head back on my pillow I kept thinking of how things could have turned out if we dated. But it would change so much, I grew up with max from a little girl to now a young adult. If  anything would have gone wrong with us while in a relationship it would be the end... I slowly started to drift off to a sleep. 

*Dream

    "Max! Wait up, I can't keep up!" My seven year old self yelled out to the eight year old max. 

     "Catch me if you can A!" He yelled out running into my backyard, I tried my best to catch up but he was way more athletic. I was chasing him for a good 5 minutes until I got really tired, I slowly started to slow down as he kept bolting. We where deep in a area unknown, we passed some fences and now I was lost. I completely can't see Max and I was getting worried. 

       "Max?! Where you at?" I yelled out as I walked past some trees, all of a sudden an apple fell to my feet and I looked up. It was Max! I jumped happily as he laughed.

       "Come on A, theres juicy apples." He said swinging his legs on the tree brach, my smile grew as I started to climb. I sat next to him admiring the beautiful view of the mountains in front of us, he picked me an apple and passed me it. "Eat some, tastes like apple juice." He smiled at me as I took a huge bite. 

       "Max," I said looking at him as he took a bite of his apple, "Let's be best friends forever!" I said with a huge grin. He smiled and swallowed the apple in  his mouth. 

        "Yes, forever Ava." He said smiling at me, I took another bite and smiled as we looked back at the view. Max Hernandez is now my best friend in the whole wide world! I looked at the clouds and sun as I took a bigger bite out of my apple, I smiled and looked at max as he focused on the view. 

_______
What did you think of the background? Should Max and Ava be together or will they stick to staying friends?