Candles and Flames

You know there's always one thing that just fascinates you and makes you satisfied like slime or perfectionism on like fruits or something.

Sooo satisfying

Sooo satisfying...

Well for me, it's always been candles. I know it's a bit cliche as my name is Hope, and candles can signify Hope, but I can't help it. The flame flickering in the light as if it's dancing..and I love dancing, probably more than I love Jayden right now. Maybe we weren't meant to be..but I'll still avenge him, and more importantly dispose of the threat.

We're gonna attack tomorrow, which hopefully will work. Obviously, Faith and Grace have no idea of why me, Chance and Dad are so busy. It's annoying though cause' they keep following me around to see what I'm doing.

" Hope?" My mum says as she enters the room.
" Yeah?" I reply.
" Why aren't you fighting for Jayden?"
Well that's a bit abrupt. Mum's always a bit too straightforward. " Umm," I mutter.
" He will slowly remember, so you should at least try and win his heart all over again?" She says raising one eyebrow.
Ugh. Why is she always right? Maybe I should.

However, I should probably ask her the question I've been dying to ask her. " Do you..ever regret killing people, or running away to the gang?" I ask.
" Every day I regret killing people..throwing knives at them, shooting them, just that and you can see the life drain from their eyes," She begins while looking at the floor. " But, running away to the gang? That I will never regret. I would have never met your Father, or live life again, the way I should have," She smiles.

"Where did you get your name from?" I ask.
This was a more sensitive subject. I know her name's Mercy ( obviously), but every time I mention Grandparents she tears up. So I don't actually know how her parents' died. This is my chance I guess. " Here we go again with the questions," She mutters.
I expected her to stop, but she carried on talking. " When I was born, my mum died, so most people hated me. My Dad committed suicide once I was 16 so Aunt Savannah could take care of me. Let's just say I ran away because of some..issues." She says while her voice breaks at the end.

" You didn't answer my question!" I say.
" It was my Mum's dying wish to call me Mercy, don't know why though," she thinks.
Huh. Maybe my life doesn't sound so bad now.

Jayden's P.O.V

I keep getting weird dreams. Or possibly even memories from before. They all involve that Hope girl. Was I cheating on Arden with Hope before? Well I'm not anymore, that's for sure.

There's one memory of us on a date though and Arden isn't even there. Did we break up at some point? Is she lying to me? There are so many questions left unanswered. I just wish I can figure out the answers before it's too late and I have to commit to regretting everything.