Story Ch 6 Mark

More of the story! I think I'm reversing the standard roles, with my Lycan being the more powerful. I watch my parents sometimes. Mom always appreciates it when dad pitches in. Sometimes I think she gets as tired of doctors as I do!

*************

Jayden POV:

We drove in our SUV up to their pack house, with some of their vehicles in front of us and some behind us. Normally I would be uneasy being this far away from my own pack by myself, surrounded by an army from another pack. Of course I wasn't by myself. My beta was driving and my provocative mate was by my side.

I know I should be observing the territory we were driving through but I was too busy with my mate to care. I couldn't stop holding her hand. The thought of her finding someone else had me on edge. I finally took off my shirt so I would have more skin to skin contact with my mate. I needed her right now. I leaned against her, breathing deep to help calm my nerves.

I had researched all of the Lycan lore available, even the fanciful stuff! Nothing, nothing spoke of their having multiple mates. Tight-knit family units? Yes. Bigger and faster wolves? I had proof by my side. I could have just asked her but I was afraid she would want to go find him. Of course now that we were here, my reluctance was moot.

Sweetie?

Have you finally settled on one knick name?

I grinned sheepishly at her.

Maybe. How does the whole mate thing work with Lycans?

I felt her hesitate, and not because she didn't want to tell me, she was trying to find words beyond what she had already used.

I wish there was a way I could show you

She sounded both thoughtful and frustrated.

I had an idea but I didn't know how she would respond to it.

Well, there is a way, at least among werewolves...

Her gaze on me was steady, anticipating. One eyebrow went up as she waited. I wanted to... oh, this wasn't helping me at all! My mate growled slightly, giving me a slight shake.

I could mark you. Do Lycans mark each other?

Jayden thought back. I wouldn't have noticed any markings under their fur, although I had seen some interesting swirling patterns in the fur.

Is that something you want to have happen? Asked my mate in a hushed mental tone.

"More than anything," I whispered out loud.

My wonderful mate looked at me with real love in her eyes. THEN SHE BIT ME!!!!

At first there was only pain, then I felt... I felt her/my teeth in my/her shoulder. I felt woozy. I remembered coming over a hill and seeing me leaning over the basket of pups. I felt her anger over the pups being taken.

That was the first time my mate had laid eyes on me! I tried to focus. I felt her hand on my cheek.

The memories went deeper.  Her pack, her family... same thing. The Lycan that trained her as she grew, the Lycan that protected her and her siblings, the Lycan that played with her and her litter mates... all family. Uncles, cousins... family

The Lycan family bond was similar to a werewolf pack link. That's why she and I were able to hear each other's pack link through our own moon-blessed bond.

*****

Jayden tried to focus on his lovely mate. He thought maybe he was beginning to understand but he wasn't sure. And he still didn't know how everything would work with werewolves.

He felt her tongue on his wound, swirling around. His eyes focused on her face. She was waiting. His eyes seemed to move of their own accord, trailing down her neck to that one spot... Jayden felt his canines grow. He glanced back up at her face, making sure she wanted this. Her loving smile filled his very being as she nodded. He bent his head down and sank his canines into her to make his mark.

Samantha felt his teeth and wondered if they would go deep enough for a true Lycan mark. She actually pushed his head closer to her, and finally felt the memories come in.

His feeble training, as he pushed to be better than anyone. She was proud that it wasn't self-pride that drove her hairless mate, but a desire to be able to protect his pack. She remembered going over to help a boy who was struggling., breaking up a fight, stopping his friends from picking on someone. Her mate was noble, and worthy of her.

She remembered his struggles with manhood, growled slightly at his attraction to a number of girls, then women as he got older. Each time he was determined to wait for his moon-blessed mate, gently turning away anyone who tried to get to close to him. He had waited for her! Samantha felt even more love for the werewolf who was licking her wound clean.

The SUV stopped. The two in the back seat looked at each other, one in joy the other in awe. The marks were healing and the pattern in her fur was the same as the tattoo on his shoulder.

He stared at her mark, and his own through her eyes. It looked like an eye, which makes sense since he was an alpha who looked over his pack. It also reminded him of a shield, an alpha was also the protector of his pack. Then there were claws, one below and one looking like it was mid-swipe toward the top. It was perfect! The round eye/shield was swirling in his mates fur.

They both jumped a little as someone pounded on the door of the vehicle.

***************
Writing can be so confusing! I wanted to try Jayden's pov then when I switched I wasn't sure if I wanted to do a whole thing on Samantha's pov. I hope it makes sense to all you lovely wolves!😘🐺😘🐺😘🐺