7-Maybe This Luna Thing Won't be so Hard After all...I Spoke too Soon

7

     Maybe This Luna Thing Won't be so Hard After all...I Spoke too Soon

     I rocked Katey back and forth in my arms. "It's ok. Just let it out." When my senses picked up on the most amazing scent, I glanced up to see Foreign watching us with a raised eyebrow.

     I motioned for him to go and mouthed the word leave. He shook his head and crossed his arms over his chest. I did it more urgently trying not to interrupt Katey. When he still refused to budge I pointed at Katey and then frantically crossed my hand over my neck several times while shaking my head telling him that this was something he couldn't handle. Foreign's eyes widened as if noticing the crying girl in my arms for the first time.

     He nodded, and then mouthed 'our room' to me. I nodded back not feeling like protesting for the first time. His face burst into a grin, and he left. My hand started to move in soothing circles on Katey's back and she started to relax.

     "Who is he?" I asked. She looked up at me still sniffling. She shook her head. "Listen I promise not to interfere if you don't want me to, but I have a right to know who's a jerk in this pack and who's not." Katey giggled, but released another sob. "His name's Dereck. He's the third in command. When he found out, his exact words were "how could a third in command get such a weakling for a mate?" ha! I guess he didn't know I was the strongest female in the pack." She sniffled again.

     "What d'ya say to letting your anger out on the weights or perhaps a punching bag." We both laughed and stood up.

     "I think that's exactly what I need." Together we made our way to the elevator. I pushed the fifteenth floor, and it started to move.

     "So was he hot?" I asked totally joking. Katey laughed and nodded.

     "He was the hottest guy I had ever seen. But god he is a complete and utter jerk. I wish the fate's had chosen someone who would actually appreciate me." For some reason that made me feel defensive, but I held it back and shook my head. Once the elevator doors opened Katey stiffened. "L-let's pick a different floor." She pushed the button for the next floor up, but a hand stopped the elevator doors from closing just on time. My head snapped towards the owner of the hand once I noticed Katey stiffen.

     I glared at the guy standing right in front of me. "Greetings Luna. I'm Dereck Stran third in command." He held his hand out to me in greeting, but his glare stayed on Katey.

     I promised Katey I wouldn't interfere, but I thought pointing our relationship out to the jerk standing in front of me couldn't do any harm. "Tell me why I should shake the hand of a man who rejects and degrades his mate given to him by the fate's themselves because they know better than a stupid teenage boy." I growled at him. His gaze snapped to me in shock. When he saw me glaring at him he quickly pulled his hand away. "You should be ashamed of yourself. You're lucky I don't tell Foreign. Imagine how he would feel about you rejecting your mate, but it's your loss. Come on Katey. Let's go punch something." I said taking her hand and walking out of the elevator.

     Katey squeezed my hand. "Thank you." She whispered. I looked back at her with a smile.

     "Trust me it was my pleasure. Now let's get to working." I stopped at a line of benchs with free weights. "How much?" I asked.

     "Let's start at nine hundred." She suggested. I noddoed my head and started looking around for the weights while doing the math in my head. Once we had put the weights Katey laid on the bench and put her hands on the bar. It lifted soon after and she did eight reps easily.

     "Can we put on another hundred for me?" I asked. She nodded and got two more fifty pound disks. Then I laid on the bench and lifted the weight no problem. I put on a show to make it look like I was at least struggling a little. It was a gift and a curse that my speed and strength were that of an alpha's. Maybe even better. After finishing my eight reps without breaking a sweat Katey laid down and lifted the weight with a little bit of a struggle.