3- A Mate That I Didn't Want and A Pack That I Didn't Need

3

A Mate That I Didn't Want and A Pack That I Didn't Need

     "Do you have to walk so slow?" I asked. My mate growled at me.

     "I can walk as fast as I want to walk!" Foreign said. I looked up at his face and pouted. He saw me pouting and started to walk faster. How smart am I? I didn't think the mating bond was going to be so strong though. All I wanted was to be out of his arms and on my way, but all my wolf wanted was to be next to him. She kept trying to invade my thoughts and make me snuggle with him, but I fought her.

     A throat cleared cutting me off from my straining battle with my wolf. I looked up at Foreign and raised an eyebrow. "We're here." He said.

     "Then put me down!" I ordered. He growled. Both my eyebrows rose as I looked at him with a stern look. "Fine don't put me down."

     I spun out of his arms and landed on my feet then backed away from him as fast as possible. He watched me with a shocked gaze.

     "How are you that fast?" Foreign asked. "Only Alphas have that type of speed. Not even Alphas have that type of speed." He muttered the last part. I watched him take a step back and my heart broke a little.

     "I knew it." I whispered. Close to tears I started to walk away. I was able to walk past him, and took a few steps past him.

     "Where do you think you're going?" He spoke. I just kept walking. "Hey!" Then he started to follow me.

     "I'm going to Utah where no one can find me because in two freaking days-" I quickly cut myself off and walked faster.

     Foreign appeared in front of me. I looked up at him shocked. "What's happening in two days?" He said firmly. My mouth was sewn shut, and I had to look away from his eyes to not tell him. That only worked for a few seconds before Foreign grabbed my chin and tilted my face up to his. "What's happening in two days?" After a while a look of realization crossed his face. "Are you meeting someone?!" He yelled.

     "No! God, you're an idiot." I muttered.

     "Who are you meeting?" He yelled. I glared at him.

     "No one." I said through gritted teeth. "It's my birthday." His eyes widened.

     "I-i'm sorry. I didn't know." He said letting me go.

     "You don't know a lot of things." I muttered. I stood still for a while just looking at his perfect face, but then I shook my head and turned around.

     "I'm not going to let you leave." Foreign said firmly.

     "I don't belong here." I said just as firmly. He grabbed my wrist and spun me around.

     "I was only shocked. I love you." My breath hitched at his words. I looked away from him willing the urge to say it back away. No I can't have a mate! I'm destined to be alone!

     "If I ever feel unwelcome I'm leaving." I said though I knew I was lying. When I go into that house I have a feeling I'll never be able to get out. He nodded and smiled. Still holding my hand, Foreign led me to a giant house, with probably twenty stories, that reached across the whole clearing. The trees were so close to the building they could be growing into it. I gulped and walked further.

     "Don't worry. They'll love you." Foreign said squeezing my hand. I highly doubted it. He hasn't seen my wolf yet, so he doesn't know I'm a freak. My hand clenched around his as we stepped in front of the door. Without knocking Foreign barged into the house and into a crowded foyer. Many wolves were bustling around, but all the business stopped when I stepped in. Another gulp echoed in the house from me.