Chapter three Coffee

Wes's pov
Today I'm meeting up with Mari for coffee. I would like to make a strong  friendship with Mari and maybe something more than being friends, because she is the most amazing and beautiful girl I've ever met.
I have half an hour left and we agreed to meet up on the grass where we told each other about ourselves.
"Hey man, where you going?" Joven asks me.
"Just meeting up with a girl, I met yesterday" I reply and brush my hair.
"Wow! Been at college for two days and already got a girlfriend and going on a date" Joven smirks. I roll my eyes.
"She's not my girlfriend and it's not a date. It's just us hanging out" I state but he keeps the smirk on his face.
"Uh huh sure" He says, not convinced.
"Look I gotta go. See you later" I tell him and walk out the door and head to the grass.
I wait for about five minutes and then I see Mari walking towards me with a smile on her face.
"Hey Wes" She greets.
"Hey Mari" I greet back.
"Sorry I'm late. My roommate was taking too long in the bathroom, so I had to wait" She explains.
"No it's ok" I reassure her, smiling.
We smile and I look into her beautiful, brown eyes. I feel like my heart was going to burst out of my chest because of how fast it's beating, my stomach feels full of butterflies, fluttering and my knees feel weak no like jelly. She's just such an amazing person and I know it's too soon but I think I'm in love.
"Wes? Hello? You alive?" Mari's soothing voice asks me, concerned.
I snap out of my trance, squeeze my eyes shut and shake my head.
"What?" I ask.
"You looked like you just left your own body for a minute there dude" She states.
"I'm fine, should we go now?" I ask, hoping to change the subject.
"Yeah" Mari smiles and we walk off the campus and to the coffee shop.
We get our coffee and sit down.
"So what do you want to study and do when you leave college?" Mari asks me, curiously.
"Well I want to study computers and be an editor for a YouTube company" I tell her then sip my coffee.
"Seems like you already know what you want to do" She replies.
"Why what do you want to do?" I ask her. She shrugs.
"I dunno, maybe be a ballet teacher or be an actress" She answers, unsure.
"Well I can't make that decision for you, it's your choice" I say and she looks at me with a grateful smile.
"I think I might be a ballet teacher" She replies. I smile and nod.
We continue talking and tell each other childhood stories and we leave.
I decided to take her somewhere special, so when we got back to the campus, I lead her to my car and drive to a place I found when I first started driving. It was about twenty minutes away from the college but it's a great place to go to get away from my parents.
I stop at the place where I normally park my car whenever I come here.
"Where are we?" Mari asks as we take off our seat belts.
"Just follow me and be surprised" I smirk and get out the car.
After she gets out of the car, I walk over to her and hold her hand. She looks at our hands in surprise and looks up at me, smiling and blushing.
I chuckle and lead her down the path to Relax Lake as I like to call it.
We reach the lake as the sun is setting.

I look down at Mari and see the shock on her face at the magical scenery

"How did you find this place?" She asks.
"When I got a car and started driving it, I liked to do a lot of exploring places I could never walk to. So one day when my parents were getting on my case, I drove around to relax but then saw the path back there, I got curious and followed the path to this lake and I've been coming here since then" I explained.
"It's such a beautiful site, I've never seen anything like this" Mari replied.
I looked down at her and squeezed her hand that I was still holding.
She looks up at me and smiles, we move closer to the water and sit down next to the tree.
After about five minutes, as the sun continues to set, Mari leans on me a little and lays her head on my shoulder. I'm a little surprised by the affection but I wrap my arm around her waist.
"Mari?" I say.
"Hmm" She replies, still with her head on my shoulder.
"I want to tell you something" I state and she lifts her head up to look at me.
"What is it?" She asks, softly.
"Mari, I know we only met yesterday but when I first saw you I thought you were the most beautiful girl I've ever seen and I still do" I tell her as I start to feel myself blushing but she starts blushing too.
"I was hoping I could get a chance" I continue.
"What kind of chance?" She asks, tilting her head a bit.
"This" I reply and lean forward and press my lips to hers. She doesn't move away or reject, she smiles and kisses back.
We then pull away and look at each other, smiling. We then face forwards just in time to see the last bit of the sun disappear.
I look back at Mari and she looks back at me, we look into each others eyes for a minute and we kiss again.
We pull away again.
"Should we head back to campus?" I ask her and she shakes her head.
"No. I wanna stay like this for a bit longer" She replies.
"Ok then"
Mari moves a little further down and lays her head on my chest.
I feel like I could stay like I could stay like this forever.