chapter 14:LETS GO

Months passed.... years passed .....! from 2nd year engineering to final year, I am 22 years now, where as Rahul 26! But after all he was my junior , how irony is it! Isn't it? I finished my final year engineering with good marks, I even got recruited for the programming job in a reputed MNC but I didn't join because Rahul told me not to ! if I want to work I can work for his own company ,I know he is mean isn't it?but as legends said ,'heart wants what it wants'. He didn't want someone to treat me like a employee and I knew it.
You may be thinking what is the need for me to work but I have to create my own identity,I don't want someone to tell me that I live in the shadows of a billionaire boyfriend!
Rahul didn't complete electronic engineering ,he left the college as soon as I completed my graduation, he was running his own company , he was the boss and I was his employee and you should know for the fact that I hate his new secretary ! Why? You will find out soon...
"Hello boss, may I get in?",I asked to Rahul in a sarcastic manner.
"Manisha...enough ! just come inside",he said and smiled.
"But you are the boss here and the fact doesn't change",I said and smiled at him.
"But you are the boss in here",he said pointing at his heart.
"Hmmm not bad,from when did you become a poet?",I asked.
"From the day I saw you",he said smiling at me.
"That's really cute",I said.
"Not more than you",he said.
"Listen, i didnt come all the way just to have this romantic chat of ours,,we will keep it for the evening",
"Okay what's the work?",he asked.
"The new recruits are waiting outside in the lobby, Should I assign their work myself? Or should I have to send them to Shrinivas?",I asked.
"You give it to Shrinivas and come with me now",he said.
"Come with you? Where?",I asked.
"We have a meeting scheduled in Goa for three days , I need you there,we should give next three months plan to the pending works and board members will be there by tonight, get ready in the evening, I will tell Monika to arrange for everything",he said.
"You can't just roam like olden times Rahul, you and I are having responsibilities here",I said.
"Don't worry, just get ready",he said.
"Okay and one more thing ,Why is your new assistant look at me so weirdly?",I asked.
"I don't know, I didn't hire her, I just interviewed her in the last round, she was too good",he said.
"Too good?",
"In her career and handling the work",he said.
"I have a new assistant for you, i don't like her",I said.
I dialled to lobby.
"Hello, can you send manikantan inside Rahul sir's chamber please",I asked.
"Okay",the voice in the phone said.
After few minutes.
"Excuse me sir, may I come in?",manikantan asked.
"Yes manikantan,so you are the new assistant for me? You can join after 3 days , for now my present assistant monika will be taking care of everything,I will see you after 3 days, all the best", he said.
"Thank you so much sir, thank you madam, I will never disappoint you",manikantan said and left the office.
Rahul dialled to his assistant monika.
"Listen,you can't work here anymore",he said .
'did I made any mistake?",she asked.
"No but you can be assistant to my mom and you can look for all the family works, it's a quite easy job than this and I am hiking your salary for that",he said.
"Thank you so much sir",she said and cut the call.
"Why are you hiking her salary now?",I asked.
"I can't just remove my employee like that,you have to understand that just because she is hot doesn't mean she doesn't deserve to work for me, it has some protocols , you don't understand it, I did what you wanted and i also did what I can make to hold back my good employee to stay, take the day off,be ready at 6 'o' clock and we leave now ,end of the conversation! ",he said.
"Okay sure",I said.
I don't remember exactly how many trips we went together, how many long drives, how many surprises, how much love and care, it's just too much for me to take !
Rahul's private flight was ready to take off, I decided to enjoy this trip as much as possible and I had a reason for that. After this meeting,Rahul have to go to new York and we can't meet for about 3 months and after that ,guess what? me and him are getting engaged! Yes, I would be getting engaged after 3 months when he comes back to India. It was like almost all my dreams are happening to be true! So I wanted to enjoy with him as much as possible because it was our last bachelor trip ! We reached Goa after about an hour, we got freshed up and we were about to attend the party arranged for board member because Rahul has to convince other board members to vote him as the new CEO for the company.
"so what's the plan?",I asked.
"we are going to attend the party , we convince the board of directors that how much capable am I for running this company and then I am all yours",he said.
"Okay, then what are we waiting for? Lets go",I said.
We arranged the party in the party hall in Rahul's guest house located in panjim, there were 22 board of directors and everyone were already settled and enjoying the booze, some of the music band people were playing something slow phase rap and kept everyone in the enjoying mood.
Rahul took the stage and ringed his glass of Champaign to get everyone's attention,as soon as he did everyone turned towards him.
"Good evening gentlemen, I know you didn't just come all the way from countries just to drink my booze",he said and laughed
Everyone laughed for that.
"As you all know , there is nothing I can do alone to run this company , you have sweat out yourself to make this company what it is today, though it's my dad who founded this company, you people are the pillars for it, till now I was one of the board members,but I think , not only me , even my dad suggested me this ,I am taking the election for the CEO ,I need your support for everything, tomorrow I want to take the board elections and I need your votes, this party isn't about just asking the votes from you, it means I value you as much as I value this company, if you find me worth running it, well we will take the votes tomorrow and I hope you won't disappoint me ,if my dad is the basement for this company you are it's pillars and now I want to share the weight you gentlemen are taking for so long ,thank you everyone ",he said.
Everyone Clapped and seemed happy about Rahul's decision.
"And one more thing, I didn't said it to my dad yet, I think you as my family so I want to tell you one more important decision of my life, I am getting engaged after I come back from new york , well she is the girl(pointing at me), come on stage",he said looking at me.
I was so happy but embarrassed infront of everyone, I ran over the stage.
Everyone Clapped and raised their Champaign and showed their support.
Rahul signed me from eyes to tell something.
"Okay"
"I...I am very ...happy ,I think no one's ever lucky as I am , because Rahul is a gem of a person and I love him more than anything in this world, thank you",I said and smiled at him.
"Hmmm,not bad huh?",he said while smiling at me and hugged.
We came down from the stage and we sat a little far from everyone.
"You said you are all mine after the party, remember?",I asked.
"Well I am yours , take me wherever you want",he said.
"Is it? Then take me to seashore ,I want to feel the waves",I said.
"Okay, so you are happy then",he said .
"Yes I am ",I said.
"Come let's go",he said while smiling at me.

------------------------------------------------