CHAPTER 19: HE WAS MY JUNIOR-PART 2

I was jolted awake by the noise of alarm clock. It was 7 o clock in the morning. I couldn't believe the day I waited for so long was today. The day Rahul dreamt of. I was going to donate 100 million dollers to the welfare of New York's orphan children, which included their accomodation, food, education till they find a job. Few months back I donated huge amount of 200 million dollars which was worth of around 1500 crores in Indian rupees to the children and woman welfare fund of India. So, the children welfare department in new york contacted me, weather I could do any help. Rahul always dreamt of helping the people in need. So I was giving this amount Along with Rahul's mansion in new york. Which should be used for the one and only purpose. To accomodate the children in need. I was going to see Rahul in his mansion after I speak for the press. I wish Kuldeep was with me. He was the pillar of what my company became in just few years. I lost him in a car accident. But I didn't forgive him for what he did. He kept a secret about Rahul. Yes, he could have told me  long back, but he'd hidden it from me. I shifted to America last year after I lost Kuldeep. It was again because of Rahul. I had some unfinished work here. I was going to complete it today.
         The press meet began and the Mayor congratulated me for the welfare works I had been doing. He honoured me infront of the press. I wish Rahul was with me in this situation but he was in his mansion. Resting. There was one more Rahul in my life now. Remember my 4 year old kid? I and kuldeep named him after Rahul for the sacrifice he did for me. Confused? You will know everything in few hours.
          I was being called to speak for the press. I was nervous, as it was my first public appearance. I stood in front of the crowd and press. "Good morning for each one of you who gathered here....." I couldn't speak a word after that. I drank water and cleared my mind. Now I could see Rahul. My only love. I knew he was not present here but my heart was stopping my mind from seeing the reality. "I would have not done this far, if it was not for you. This was your dream. This was your goal, Rahul. I thank you for inspiring me to do things". I said and came back to my seat. I didn't speak much but it was enough to thank him in front of the world.
            After the press meet, I came to the airport to receive my son, Rahul. It was a very happy yet sad moment for me. Because I was going to see Rahul with my son today. But he was not the father of my kid. How will I stand infront of him, I thought.
    The flights arrival has been announced and I could see chaya carrying my son. As soon as my kid Rahul saw me, he jumped on me in excite. "I am really sorry I left you for a day", I said and kissed on his cheeks. "Mama", he said. I just love to hear it from his cute voice. He makes me feel alive. He was the reason I feel sane. I feel human again. He keeps me happy. He keeps me busy.
I took him to Rahul's mansion. It was surrounded by a huge Lawn, a golf court. A fountain. As we went inside, the maids greeted us. The wall were all covered with famous paintings. I couldn't believe it was donated to orphans of America. In few days it would be transferred into a orphanage.
As we reached the main hall, there were photo frames of Rahul and his family. His dad, mom. There were even my photos. Me with my son. Some were with kuldeep, too. I showed everything to my son, which he was looking mesmerizingly with his marble eyes. I saw it for the last time. I was going to shift back to India after this. I couldn't stay in America. Lots of memories to haunt me.
It was the time to show Rahul to my son. He was on the way of  golf court. We came out of the mansion and sat in the golf car to meet Rahul.
     We could see him as we approached a tree. He was resting below it. My son was looking towards Rahul. "Do you see him? He is Rahul", I said. "Rahul? Me?", He said. I just smiled at him.
I got down from the golf car, walked towards Rahul. He was silent. He didn't speak anything. He was just happy, I could sense that. How could he express after all? He was there, sleeping, inside the grave. I couldn't control my tears. "See....he is Rahul.... My... everything....", I started crying. "Mama, don't cry", my son wiped my tears. His little brain understood that I was not going to stop. He too started crying with me, without even knowing why I was crying. The day Rahul went to new york, he met with an Accident. His condition was critical. He wasn't having anyone who could send the message to me. He had internal head injury. Kuldeep was doing his MS in America. As he was our good friend, he went to recieve Rahul. I wasn't  knowing this untill Kuldeep told me one day. Before Rahul lost his consciousness he was speaking with kuldeep. He was requesting him to not tell me. He was sad, he was crying, not because of the pain. As if he knew that he will never see me, he was crying for that. He gave his trust fund and mansion to Kuldeep to take care, on the condition that it should be transferred to my name, when the right time comes. That's the reason our company saw a huge success. Rahul had not left me alone.....even in his death. It was Kuldeep who texted me in the name of Rahul. I knew he would never cheat me. The love that should have showed the way to me and Rahul became darker. I lost him. It was my duty to full fill Rahul's destiny. He always dreamt of helping the poor. I donated this mansion in his presence. His presence in my heart. Sometimes life gets difficult, but it's not the end. I have a new Rahul now. My son. His marble blue eyes makes me happy always. He was still crying. May be he understood how much I love Rahul. May be he understood how much Rahul loved me. I was not left with anything now. I had lost Rahul, I had lost even Kuldeep. This grave will stand for the sacrifice he made for me. This stands for the love. This is the symbol of love. Who ever gets accomodation here, who ever studies here. They will know the name of Rahul. They will worship him. I couldn't be more happy to fullfill his dream. I was not coming back here ever. I hugged the stone with my both the hands stretched. How can I live without him? It was answered a long back. With his memories. He was always with me. His presence was felt by me always. He was running around me. There was nothing for me here now. My son also hugged the grave beside me with his tiny hands. I could feel that Rahul was watching us. He was happy. I stood up to go back. I got in the golf car. I turned to see Rahul once more. One last time. It was written on his grave, 'The man who will be always loved'. Yes, I always love you Rahul. "Mama, Rahul", my son swing his hands to say bye. I smiled at him. "Who is he Mama", my son asked. I looked at him. What should I say now? Should I say? Should I say, he was my everything? My life? He was the love of your mom. How can I say that to my kid? Could he understand all this? How can I say my heart beats for Rahul. "Mama, is he dead?" He asked. "No, he is always with us". " Who is he mama? Tell me mama", he asked looking into my eyes. "He....? He was .....my junior". He smiled at me. His tiny eyes made me smile, too.

-------------------------The End-------------------------------