chapter 18: HE WAS MY JUNIOR-PART 1

(After 5 years ,one day prior to press meet)
"Where is rahul?" I asked to my assistant.
"He went to golden gate park with chaya",he said.
"Oh yeah I almost forgot! I have to become a homely girl again manikantan",I said.
It's been 6 years since I started this company, within a short span of time I could achieve so much , I am a married woman now and i have a son of 4 years age! Manikantan is my assistant ,he is a tamilian, I am not only a mother now , I am the CEO of FUTURE TECH company which I started with the help of Kuldeep! Yes with kuldeep and there are lots of things that changed me.
"Madam, we have one important schedule, the mayor's office of new york city had called today morning,the press meet is arranged for tomorrow morning at 11,you have to sign the papers before that",he said.
"Okay , get the chopper ready at 5pm".
"Okay mam",he said.
It's a 5 hours journey from San Francisco to new york city, one is in the West end of the USA towards pacific ocean and other is at East end towards Atlantic ocean, strange country! Some years before I didn't know the difference between america and the USA, never knew that new York is actually a state and new York city is its capital, never knew what is California or where it comes. I just thought it as a city and then I realized it's a state and its capital is San Francisco, I always dreamt of visiting silicon valley of San Francisco once as it consists of many headquarters of tech gaints like Google and Facebook, never thought my company would be standing not more than 2 miles away from the silicon valley, I live in new York city but I can't manage my company from there. San Francisco is a IT hub for the companies similar to Bangalore in India
I own a private flight now, well you may be thinking everything is so good, I am living my dream life but its not true. There are some things i changed for , there is a reason for me to stay in new York city and yes its because of rahul but its not a fairy tale, its the dark one. I'd suffered a lot. My life was a tragic one but not today, there is a little hope in my life now, yes its rahul again. He always makes me smile. He always cares for me !
My phone started ringing.
"Hello manisha, I will directly come to your guest house, you join us there, rahul is so silent, he is cute" chaya said.
"Oh is it? Yeah he is adorable", I said.
" how much time does it take to reach there?",she asked.
"Ah! Around 30 minutes , I am already about to leave the office now, you two join me in the guest house", i said.
" okay, see you " she said and cut the call.
Chaya is my cousin, she studies in new York city, but sometimes helps me in homely stuffs and as she had holidays she came with me.
"Mam,we have to leave now, its 11 o clock now, we will finish the paper works before the press meet, it takes a day to process it, so we have to leave now , we will reach there before 5, you can sign the papers today itself and everything will be processed before the press meet as they get a day to do so", manikantan said.
" okay , I will ask chaya to take care of rahul and let her stay here for today, she and rahul can join us tomorrow ", I said.
" yes mam, I will make necessary arrangements for them but we have to leave now, I have informed the officer's at San Francisco airport, your flight is ready to take off",he said.
I called to chaya.
"Hello , listen I am having some emergency work in new York , I have arranged everything for you and rahul, I want to see rahul soon so please take him there tomorrow morning, see you ,bye", I said.
"Its okay, I won't be bored when Rahul's around me ,bye" she said.
Me and manikantan reached San Francisco airport and finished with formal security checkings and my private flight was ready to take off. Who knew a girl from small city can buy a private flight costing 80 crores for travelling? Who would have thought that i could own a company ? Its the time. Time is everything, Well my time had become precious now. So I have to fly!
"Mam is it really necessary to destroy the grave? Is there no other options?", manikantan asked.
"No ,it has to be destroyed and I know what I am doing, even rahul would have did the same thing if he was in my situation , i am staying in the USA for him , isn't it enough for me to prove that I love him ?",I asked.
"I am sorry mam, I can understand", he said.
Manikantan is my assistant since 4years ,kuldeep appointed him and he was rahuls assistant before ,so i have more bondings with him, I share about my personal life to him. I feel good, you may be thinking what's going on and why I am sharing about rahul, You will understand everything in sometime!
I reached new York city and directly went to the mayors office.
New york city is made up of five boroughs or counties which is considered as the same powerfull entities and The five boroughs - Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, The Bronx, and Staten Island is united to form the new York city. I didn't know this untill i came to new York for the first time. The famous Brooklyn bridge connects Manhattan and Brooklyn islands/boroughs ,I reached the mayors office in Manhattan.
"Good evening mam, welcome to the mayors office",the mayor wished me with the bouquet.
Its really strange for us Indians to see a politician wishing like this but believe me its a casual thing here.
"Good evening mayor",I wished and sat on the chair, manikantan stood behind me.
The mayor occupied his seat in front of me.
"I am honored to welcome you mam", the mayor said.
"No sir, the honour is mine ,thanks for the warm welcome ",I said.
"We are really glad for what you are doing. Its a great step what you have taken. It's a good initiative for the rich. But are you sure about what you are doing? ",the mayor asked.
"Yes i am sure, even rahul wanted to do that
There is no doubt in that. Give me the papers where I have to sign and get the press meet arranged for tomorrow morning", I said.
"Everything's was already in the process, you just have to sign and press meet is scheduled for 11am tomorrow",the mayor said.
I signed all the papers.
"Okay sir, I will leave now, I have some other things to do", I said.
"Sure.... and where is rahul?", the mayor asked.
"He is with my cousin", I said.
"okay ,see you tomorrow then",the mayor said.
"See you tomorrow sir, it was nice meeting you, thank you once again", I said.
"It's my duty ", the mayor said.
I got inside my car and the car headed towards my home.
"Did I made any mistake manikantan?", I asked.
"No mam, you did what you have to do, don't keep any regret. I knew rahul sir very well. I understood one thing from him that don't keep any regrets for the good things you did in life",he said.
I just smiled at him and didn't say anything.
It was almost sunset , the sun seemed to run to its home, I missed rahul, I just wanted to see him tomorrow! I can't leave him even for one day ,the day seemed long without him. Well, work got me busy!
I reached home at 7pm, I got fresh up and called to my mom.
"Hello maa",
"How's rahul?", she asked.
"He is becoming naughty day by day, I can't spend much time with him due to this work, but he is cute as always",I said.
"How's chaya? Her mom asked me yesterday that chaya came along with you to somewhere"
"Yeah, she came to San Francisco its not somewhere its the place for my company headquarters", I said.
"Strange names they keep for cities in america! I can't even pronounce it properly, what's it? Chan sanisco?",she said.
"Mom , it's not chan sanisco, it's San Francisco", I said.
"I am proud of you dear" she said.
"What for?for pronouncing it properly?" I said sarcasticely and laughed.
"No dear, for everything you are doing", she said.
I became quite now.
"Everything that happened was because of rahul and what I am doing is also for rahul, though I am not completely happy with that but I hope it gives me a good beginning to forget everything and start a new life", I said.
" you are on your own manu, the days in which we were taking care of you is over, though we can't take care as before now but we still care for you, it's our duty,what ever you do, we will be supporting you. If you feel something worth doing ,you do",she said.
"Okay mom, I will take care", I said.
"By the way I didn't realize the time, what's the time there?",I asked.
"Its 6 in the morning here", she said.
"Ohh, I am really sorry, I forgot that, its 8:30pm here , I think you have works to do, bye see you", I said.
"its okay dear, you can talk to me whenever you need me, bye",she said.
Yes this is my life now, staying in the USA away from parents, every time thinking about rahul! Well sometimes about kuldeep, you may got confused right? Why kuldeep? Because he is my husband, yes !!! He is the father of my 4 year old kid, well I didn't meet rahul from so many days. I am meeting him tomorrow after the press meet! You may hate me for marrying kuldeep, anyhow me and kuldeep are not together now ! but once you know my full story you will stop hating me! there are things by which i changed, there are some things that thought me the real life, i blamed rahul for everything till i got to know the biggest secret of his life.

Everything in life is about time, time could be anything ,either a boon or a curse! the choice is yours.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------