the mother.

millie left soon after, she had to reunite with her family too. when sadie got home, i told her about millie. she accepted and the rest of the day turned into night and it was perfect. spending days with millie was an amazing getaway but it was perfect to be back to my not-so-rich junkyard living friend group.

days passed and i hadn't gone to see millie. jack needed someone around. he was more sad now that i had been gone. what on earth happened to the old jack? maybe he was just maturing but truth is, i hadn't been maturing and i was two years older than him.

one day i was trying to cheer up jack with things that i found on some of my journeys when millie came running into the junkyard. i was in shock that she could remember the route but i was also shocked by her horrid facial expression. she came to me and fell on the ground, hugging me tightly. she was crying into my shoulder and i had no idea what to do. i pried her from my body, looked into her eyes and asked,"what's wrong?"
she was stuttering her words so badly i could barely hear her,"slow down, mills, breathe."
then her words were finally clear,"my dad...i got a call...his work...he had a heart attack."
i sighed,"well, is he okay?"
"i wouldn't be here if he was okay."
i hugged her back without asking anymore questions. i decided to go home with her to be a comfort. i got permission from jack if it was okay to leave him. i felt bad leaving him, but i had to do this for millie. she's lost so much in just a couple of years.

i gathered my things from my car and headed on my bike to millie's. when we arrived, she started to chatter on. i let her get her thoughts out and didn't say a word,"i'm all alone now. i'll have no money, i'll have to sell the house, i'm an orphan now, finn— oh god i'm sorry."
i was forced to answer now,"it's okay, mills."
"are you okay, finn? you don't seem yourself."
i figured she had rambled enough so i let my thoughts roll out onto her,"jack hasn't been himself lately and i've been thinking about my biological siblings. i've been wanting to go find them, see where they ended up."
"maybe we should go do that, it'll help me get my mind off things."
"we can go to the sheriffs department and ask i guess."
no more questions were asked and we biked over.
chief hopper sat at his desk and i asked,"hi, i'm mike brown and i was wondering if there were any wolfhard's left in town."
chief hopper was obviously not convinced,"where are you from, mr. brown?"
"i'm a far relative. i came to visit with my girlfriend here, millie bobby."
"you two sure do look young."
"my parents reside in a hotel at the moment."
"ah, too much information, kid!"
"i'm just trying to find my relatives, could you help me?"
"well mr. brown, there's marie wolfhard and ayla wolfhard and the missing finn wolfhard."
"i'm only paying attention to marie and ayla. how old are they?"
"marie is 39 and ayla is 15."
"addresses?"
soon he handed me a paper with two addresses. first we were off to see my mother. i didn't know what to expect. i know she wouldn't want me back but maybe she's had a change of heart.
we pulled up to a ranch home set back on a small piece of land. the grass was green and the outside of the house was appealing. millie and i walked up to the door and knocked. it opened almost immediately. a woman appeared. she had long curly black hair with brown eyes, a narrow nose and plumped lips just like mine.
i stood as my heart started to race,"are you marie wolfhard?"
the lady nodded but noticeably the wheels in her head were turning hard. there was a long pause and suddenly she spoke,"are you finn?"
i nodded and she welcomed us both in,"are you ayla?"
"no, i'm just a friend of finn's."
marie asked,"how did you find me?"
"i asked the chief. that's how i found out ayla was my twin. thanks for making that clear for me, marie."
"you can call me mom if you'd like."
"you haven't been my mom for 15 years, why start now?"
"why did you come here, son?"
"i wanted to know if you were actually real. i wanted to know how you looked. i wanted to know how you spoke. my whole life i've thought these things. how dare you give up six children?"
marie seemed heartbroken,"why don't you leave, finn."
"what is my middle name?" i asked final.
"your full name is Finnegan Michael Wolfhard. are you pleased now?" marie answered annoyed."
"your son finds and visits you and you act like this? one more question, what are my siblings names?"
"your older brother is Nickolas, your twin, which is two minutes older, is obviously Ayla; then with my other man i had Jack, Zackary, and Mara-belle."
"Jack, how old is he?"
"he should be thirteen, his birthday is coming up soon i suppose."
i was starting to hyperventilate inside,"is his last name Grazer?"
"yes, do you know him?"

"i escaped an orphanage with him."