Gotcha (Harry Potter )

Requested by that_broadway_bitch

Harry pov

"Harry! Get up!"

Harry groaned and sat up, rubbing his eyes. Everything around him was terribly blurry until he reached up and grabbed his glasses from Ron, who was dangling them in front of him.

Harry pushed the glasses onto his face. "What?" he asked Ron groggily.

Ron slapped him with his pillow. "How could you forget? The prank we have planned on Malfoy!" Ron exclaimed.

Harry's eyes widened. "Oh, right. Ron, are you sure this is a good idea?"

Ron nodded enthusiastically. "Mate, it's the best thing we've ever thought of."

~~~

"Oh, we're going to be in so much trouble!" Hermione whined as Ron explained the plan to her during breakfast.

Ron laughed heartily. "But it'll be worth it."

"Yeah, come on Hermione," Harry said, "have a little fun!"

Hermione glowered at Harry. "I never said it wouldn't be fun," she snickered, "I just said we're going to be in trouble." She took a long swig of her pumpkin juice, dabbing her upper lip with her napkin.

"So you'll help us, then?" Ron asked, shoving a strip of bacon in his mouth.

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Yes, yes all right," she complied, barely containing her grin

Harry slapped her between the shoulder blades. "That's our Hermione!" he exclaimed.

~~~

"So remind me again what it is I'm supposed to do?" Hermione hissed to Harry as the trio approached the Potions classroom.

Harry leaned in close. Well, as close as a fifteen year old would dare lean to someone of the opposite sex. "Just get him to stand in the doorway for a minute or two. Distract him somehow, until you hear the signal. Ron, Dean, Seamus, Neville and I will take care of the rest." Harry said.

Hermione nodded, heading towards the doorway and perching herself against the doorframe. Harry and Ron hid just on the other side of the doorway, where Malfoy's back would be to them and likewise Hermione's face.

Dean Thomas opened one of his school books, pretending to be deeply interested in something and showed the others, who also pretended to be deeply interested.

Harry spotted Malfoy approaching, his cronies Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle perched at his side like vultures to carrion. They were joking and laughing about something, but Harry wasn't sure what.

When they stepped up to the doorway, Hermione cut them off abruptly. "Crabbe, Goyle, Malfoy, how nice to see you three," she sneered. "So, Malfoy, how many first years have you tripped today?"

"He hasn't-" Crabbe started.

"Three," Malfoy cut him off. "But I could always add a fifth year to that list, now couldn't I?"

Ron let out a loud cough, and Hermione didn't miss a beat.

She chuckled, shaking her head. "Well I suppose you could, but. . ." she trailed, drawing her eyes up to just behind Malfoy and widening them. Harry and his group all pulled up the hoods of their percariously dark cloaks, stepping up behind the trio of Slytherins.