all hell breaks loose

hi everyone hope you all enjoy this :)

(f/m/w)= favorite melee weapon

////////////////;;;;;;;;/////////////////////////

You felt drained emotionally and physically but you had to keep going.

You couldn't stop.

Not here,

Not Now,

Not while you were so close to safety.

Dragging your feet you tried to pick up the pace as you waded through the sea of rotting corpses. There had to be a safe room nearby, somewhere you would finally be able you rest and Maybe stock up on supplies.

Turning a corner you were greeted with a strangled gurgle of one of the common infected. Quickly as you could you used your (f/m/w) to dispatch the zombie. Hopefully, that wasn't too loud the last thing you needed was to fight off a horde of zombies.

you let out a ragged breath.

How did it all come to this? You wondered slightly a sickening crackle echoed in the air, as you stepped on the particularly mushy skull, collapsing on impact. The brain matter clinging to your shoes as your nose crinkled in disgust.

Life used to be so simple get up, go to school, go home, have dinner, go to bed, repeat and now it seemed like every breath you took could be your last. That was what life was now a constant struggle, always fighting for the chance to see the next day.

You remembered what it was like at the start of the green flu.

Reports had been coming in throughout the weeks leading up to it. The government had tried to keep the whole thing under wraps, trying to prevent widespread panic, believing that they could fix it and that everything would be fine. But hidden stories and leaked footage told a different story.

You remember sitting at home. It was just another boring day of flicking through the channels trying to find something worth watching. Stopping just for a second on the news, only to be greeted with images of carnage you could still remember the reporter talking about the outbreak the reports of extremism violence and cannibalism. Before the image started to cut out as a horde of zombies started to tear apart the news anchor.

Thank god for your dad. He always loved anything to do with zombies and the apocalypse and spent much of his time indulging in his hobby. Many had seen him as an extremist especially when he got his pickup truck customized. But to be honest you think he mainly did that to mess with the neighbors as you werent on the best of terms with them.

Let's just say there was an incident involving your dad's cross bow and their fish tank.

All in all, you were grateful for your dad. because when the reports had started, places beginning to get quarantined and with the army insisting that they had everything under control. He hadn't believed it for a second and started to prepare weeks before hand. So when the screen turned multi- colored and the TV cut out. You two were already pack and rearing to go. Setting off in your dad's truck heading south in hope of escaping the infection.

But that was months ago.....

a lot had happened since then...........

And now you're alone .....

now you're the only one left......