CHAPTER SIXTEEN

(A/N: Check out my other story called, "Percy and Piper Switch Bodies".)

PERCY

I was in my bedroom reading a book. Before you're like, "OH MY GOD SINCE WHEN DOES PERCY READ" or "WHAT THE HELL, THE WORLD IS ENDING, PERCY JACKSON IS READING...A BOOK", Id just like to let you know that its for my history report and if I don't pass it then that means being expelled and my parents will kill me. Mom is scarier than Poseidon when she is angry. Trust me. I got out of bed and took a bath. Then I put on some clothes and went to school.

Right when I entered the classroom, there was someone else talking to the teacher. He had brown hair and brown eyes. He also had tan skin. The teacher back was turned towards him. While his back was turned, I tiptoed to my desk. Everyone snickered. That's when the teacher turned around.

"JACKSON!" he yelled.

I quickly sat down in my seat. "Teacher," I replied with a nod. He glared at me and turned back to the kid.

"Listen up students," he said, "we have a new student today. His name is Mason Garfield." Mohawk snickered.

The teacher pretended not to hear it. "He is new to the school so I expect you all to give him a warm welcome."

"Sure thing," Mohawk said, "id be happy to give him the welcome." He pounded his fist into his hand and everyone laughed. Bella rolled her eyes and shook her head like, "im surrounded by idiots".

Mason rolled his eyes at him. He sat down in a seat by Mohawk. It was the only seat available. Mohawk grinned at Mason and Mason just snorted at him. The teacher went on to teach a boring lesson. That's when he assigned us partners. I got Bella and Mason. The project was on habitats.

"Lets do the ocean,"I requested, "Im very good in that habitat." I smirked at Bella.

"Im in," Mason said, "what about you?" He turned to Bella.

"Same," she replied.

After that class, me Mason and Bella headed to the next period. Mason is a cool guy. We would make great friends. Right when we entered the classroom, I sat down by Annabeth at the very back of the room. Mason sat on the other side of Annabeth and Bella sat by Cleo in the front of the room. Annabeth seemed to tense up when Mason sat by her. Weird.

ANNABETH

Right when Mason walked into class, everything slowed down. What was he doing here?! That's when he sat on the other side of me. I tensed up. Mason faced forward. That's when Percy leaned over and said, "that's Mason Garfield." I turned to Mason who turned back to me and waved.

"I already know him," I replied. Percy raised an eyebrow at me.

"He goes to camp half blood," I explained. Percy looked over at Mason who nodded and shrugged.

"I didn't want to mention it around Bella," he replied, shrugging. How can he seem so calm? Is he here to get back at me? What does he want?!

"Cool," Percy said with a smile, "I've never seen you around camp before though." He shrugged.

"I've been on quests for a long while and I usually stay in my cabin a lot," he replied. He nodded with a smile.

MASON

I wish Annabeth wasn't so tense around me. It's not like im about to ruin her life. I love her. I would never do that. I just want to see if she loves me back and possibly break up Percabeth in the process but we will see how that goes.