Its a long story//Peter

(A/N edit: All of the first few stories in here are pretty sucky because I hadn't really written much at the time, but the more recent ones I am v proud of. I feel like I've really improved in my writing skills since I came to wattpad.)

Word count: 1330

I climbed up the fire escape of Peter's apartment as the rain poured down on me and knocked on his window quietly. I heard some rustling and the window opened.
"Hey y/n," he said, a little confused.
"Hey Peter, um can I stay with you tonight?"
He let me in.
"Yeah. Why?"
He asked giving me a large fluffy blanket to warm up with.
"Mom and Dad are fighting again..." I said sitting on his bed as the water from my hair dripped down my face.
"Oh, I'm sorry..."
He said sitting beside me and hugging me. I smiled and leaned my head on his shoulder.
"It's ok. I'm used to it, I just don't wanna be there when they hate each other."
Peter nodded.
"Well, we should probably get to bed. I'll go get you a blow up mattress and a pillow." He left the room and came back a few minutes later with a mattress and a floral print pillow.
"Thanks."
He set everything up then he took off his shirt and tossed it on the floor. I blushed and avoided staring at him. I went into the bathroom and changed into my pjs and came back in. He walked up to me and handed me a chocolate bar as he chewed his own.
"No thanks, I'm good." I said, laughing at him. His eyes widened.
"NO CHOCOLATE??" He said, astonished. I nodded apologetically. He shook his head in disbelief and walked to his bed. I sat on the mattress and watched him look at his phone. All of the sudden without thinking I asked him, "Do you like anyone right now?"
He looked up at me. "Why?"
He said raising an eyebrow. "I don't know. I'm just making conversation..."
I wasn't just making conversation, I actually wanted to know.
He scratched his head, "I don't think so..." I looked at my hands, " Oh?" I asked. He nodded. "What about you?
I stood up, "I like this guy, and I don't know if I should tell him or not because we're good friends and I don't wanna ruin it." I said slightly pacing. He stood up also so he could plug his phone up. "Well, wouldn't you rather tell him than him never knowing?" He said leaning against the bed post of his bed.
I shrugged. "Maybe..." I walked to the window to watch the water roll down the glass.
"I think you should tell him. What's the worst that could happen? I mean maybe you could lose a friend but I know I'm your bestie so you'll still have me." He said following me. I sat on the windowsill pillow and he sat across from me. I didn't reply to what he said. "This is really gettin you down huh?" He said. I shrugged. After a what seemed like forever I finally said, "Peter, I need to tell you something..." WHY THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT?? Oh god now I have to tell him! Frick uhhh kiss him!
And without thinking a quickly smashed my lips on his. As quickly as I did that I pulled away, my face bright red. "I'm so sorry!! I-I don't know what I was thinking..."
he sat there in shock and I covered my face with my hands. I got up and grabbed my stuff. "I'm just gonna go home..." I said as I put my stuff in my backpack and zipped it up. "No, y/n wait." He said grabbing my arm as I slide out of the window. I pull away and jump out onto the fire escape, trying to hold back my tears. I didn't look up even though I heard him calling me. I climbed down the metal stairs and ran down the side walk to my apartment. I went up my fire escape and opened the window, sliding onto the floor. My mom was standing at the door.
"Where were you??" She asked loudly and angrily. I put my back pack on the floor and pulled off my soaking wet shoes. "Does it matter?" I mumbled to her.
"You can't just leave without telling us!" She said throwing her arms up.
"Well, you've never noticed before.." I said sitting on my bed. "I was at Peter's by the way." I put some socks on.
"I never liked that boy." She said sighing.
"You don't have to worry about me seeing him again anyways." I said. She started to mumble something and walked away. I closed the door after she left and got in bed.
• •
I woke up to the sound of my parents fighting again and the rain pattering against the window. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, picking up my phone. I had 6 missed calls and 20 texts from Peter. Ignoring them. I got up and put on my clothes for the day, gathered my books and put them in my bag. I didn't have much time until I had to leave so I just put on some mascara and a little bit of lip gloss. I slipped on my vans and opened my bedroom door,
"I'm leaving mom!" I yelled to her knowing she didn't hear me. I walked to the window and jumped out, closing it behind me. I routinely walked to the bus stop, got on the bus, and got to school. I walked through the door and I was greeted by a smiling Ned,
"Hey y/n! Where's Peter? I haven't seen him yet and he's usually here before me." He said walking alongside me.
"No, I haven't seen him. We're not really talking..." I replied quietly. He looked at me in shock, "Why? What happened?" He asked, obviously intrigued.
"I don't wanna talk about it, Ned." I said.
"Oh ok" he said sadly. I walked to my locker and put my books and things up. The bell rang and I started to walk towards class and all of the sudden I heard screaming and everyone started to run. I watched as the principal ran to the front of the school excitedly. The didn't seem afraid, they seemed like a bunch of 12 year old girls at a Justin Bieber concert. I was about to follow them to see what all the fuss was about, but someone or something grabbed me and pulled me into the nearest class room. I looked around seeing no one.
"Hello?" I said turning around to see if someone was behind me.
"Hi..." I heard a slightly muffled, but familiar voice above me. I looked up and there he was. Spider-Man. I kind of just stared at him as he turned upside down and spiraled down in front of me. He pulled down his mask just enough for me to see his mouth. Before I could say anything he softly cupped my face with one hand and kissed me. At first I resisted a little but then I realized, the kiss...it's almost like...no it couldn't be... he pulled away and opened my eyes wide,
"Peter??" I asked, a little shaky. He dropped down onto his feet and slowly pulled off the mask revealing his brown crazy hair, cute little smile, and his soft brown eyes. Peter's eyes. I turned beet red,
"What is going on??" I asked, extremely confused.
"It's a long story...I'm here to tell you that my reaction last night was just out of shock. I really do like you y/n...I like you a lot." He said sincerely. I nodded a little then grabbed him and gave him a big hug.
"I'm sorry about how I reacted. I was being immature." I said. He squeezed me tight.
"It's ok. I understand."
We walked out of the classroom with our hands intertwined and walk down the empty hallway.
"So how did you get everyone out of the school?" I asked.
"It's a loooong story." He said laughing a little.

THE END