Chapter 8

Beth's POV

I sneak over to Zach's bed quietly then jump on top of him. Aww! He looks so cute when he's asleep.

"Zach it's time to get up." I say and kiss his cheek. He doesn't respond so I shake him. He opens his eyes then closes them again.

     "Zach, get up!" I tell him.

"No. Come back in an hour." He says going back to sleep.

"Zachary Dean Herron, if you don't get up right now you will regret it." I tell him. When he doesn't answer after a few minutes I say, "Fine. You asked for it." I pour the green slime on him and he immediately gets up. I run out and he starts to chase me. Before he can make it out the door, I slam the door and can hear the confetti and glitter falling. I run down stairs and hide behind the boys.

"BETHANY MARAIS WHERE ARE YOU?!" He shouts running down the stairs as I'm laughing. When he runs in the room all the guys start laughing too.

"Aww! What happened? Did a Sweet 16 throw up on you?" I ask laughing. Then Logan walks in.

"Hey! What's up boys!" Logan shouts. "Hey Zach, what happened?" He asks.

"He wouldn't get up so I took matters into my own hands." I tell him with an innocent smile.

"And now I'm taking you into my own hands." Zach says lifting me from behind.

"Zach stop! What are you doing?" I'm screaming as he carries me outside. All the boys follow us and Logan starts vlogging.

Then Zach jumps into the pool with me in his arms. Jonah and I both have a talent of staying underwater without breathing for a long time, so I decide to prank Zach again. When I don't come up for air after a while, I feel a pair of arms pulling me up.

"Oh my god! I don't think she's breathing!" I hear Zach shout as he lifts me out of the water.

"Gotcha!" I yell and jump up right when he tries to feel my pulse. "I pranked you again." I tell him.

"Thank god you're alive!" He says. Getting up and hugging me. "I thought I'd lost you." He whispers.

"You'll never lose me." I tell him. "And this is why you should never try to prank me." I tell him.

"Seriously? You risked your life just to get back at me for throwing you in the pool?" He asks.

"I was gonna come up when I couldn't hold my breath anymore." I tell him. "Plus you messed up my hair." I add.

     A few hours later Zach and I are both dried off and watching Netflix.

     "I'm sorry I made you think I died Zach." I tell him.

     "It's fine. I'm sorry I threw you in a pool." He responds.

     "It's fine." I reply.

I start to feel my eyelids get heavy and start to drift off to sleep. Right before I'm totally asleep, I feel Zach carrying me up to his room and laying me on his bed. I feel him kiss my forehead and say "I love you."