Chapter 14

Beth's POV

     I walk in and see the last person I want to see...

     "Beth!" He yells and runs up trying to hug me. I push him off.

     "George, what the hell are you doing here?" I ask, even though I already know. He's here to say happy birthday because my mom and George's mom have been friends since college. They were really excited when George and I got together and they were devastated when we broke up.

     George just ignores my question and starts talking again.

     "I missed you, I want to get back together." He tells me trying to hug me again.

     "Back together? Are you kidding me?" I yell pushing him off me again.

     "I know I cheated, but you just need to get over your damn self and forgive me already so we can be together." He tells me, as if I'm the one who did something wrong.

     "That's not even it!" I'm yelling now. "A few months before I moved to L.A. you came and tried to get back together with me, when I refused you beat me until I was in the hospital!" I yelled. "I can't be with someone who would hurt me like that!" Jonah looks at me shocked. I run into my room and start crying on my bed. I hear Jonah punch George then he come upstairs and pulls into a hug.

     "Bethy, I am so sorry that happened." He tells me hugging me. I hug him back. "Why didn't you tell me?" He adds on.

     "I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I just knew that you would freak out." I tell him.

     We go back downstairs and I see George unconscious on the floor.

     "Beth, I'm so sorry he was here, I didn't know you were coming." My mom tells me.

     "It's fine mom." I tell her wiping some tears away. "Happy birthday." I add.

George starts to get up. "I'm sorry Beth, I'll leave." He says annoyed.

"It doesn't matter, I have a new boyfriend now anyway." I tell him. His eyes widen and he looks mad. Then he walked out the door and slammed it shut.

"You have a new boyfriend now?" My mom asks. Crap! She didn't know yet! I tell her about Zach. She knows who he is because of Why Don't We. "That's wonderful Beth!" She says hugging me when I'm done telling her.

"You're not mad I didn't tell you?" I ask.

"No, you've been busy in L.A. plus, Zach is a good kid." She tells me. We all spend the day together for my mom's birthday.

The next day Jonah and I are saying 'bye' and 'I love you' at the airport before we get on the plane to go home. I post a picture of Jonah and I on Instagram because I haven't posted in a while.