Chapter 28

Beth's POV

     Today's my birthday. I'm 18! I'm an adult. I can make my own decisions now. I'm also pregnant, the girls took me to the doctor yesterday to make sure the tests weren't false positives and I'm 6 weeks pregnant.

     "Good morning Beth." Zach says walking in my room. "Happy Birthday, you're an adult!" He adds.

     "Yeah," I say. "I'm 18 now." I reply.

     "What's wrong?" He asks.

     "Nothing. Why?" I ask.

     "You just seem a little off." He says.

     "I'm fine." I say. "I love you." I tell him pecking his lips.

     "I love you too." He says.

     My day goes by as any birthday, phone calls from relatives, hanging with friends, opening presents. All that stuff. Amber Katie and Christina bring me home from the mall where of course we did some birthday shopping. We open the door but the house is empty.

     "Hello?" I call out.

     The guys minus Zach come in and steer me outside. The girls follow behind us. What's going on? They push me outside and I see it, Zach in a tuxedo with the sunset behind him and rose petals everywhere. I walk over to Zach and he gets down on one knee.

     "Bethany Marais, from the day I first saw you in that Starbucks, I already liked you, when we went on our first date I knew I loved you even though you weren't my girlfriend yet. It's been almost two years since I got the number of the pretty girl in Starbucks. I know some people will think this is too fast but I don't care." Zach says. He pulls out a beautiful ring. "Beth, will you marry me?" Zach asks me. I can't hold it in anymore, I have to tell him.

     "Zach, I'm pregnant..."

This is the ring Zach proposed with