Chapter 11 Old Novi

The dragons circled descending into a large fenced yard. Several young women in colorful short skirts and a plethora small children as well as two large barking dogs greeted them as they landed. "We got her!" Elodia shouted, "Her name is Jolene, we also have her younger sister and future dragon rider Gabby." Jolene felt dizzy as she was assisted to the ground and hugged by several excited young women. Names were exchanged but it was happening to fast for her to absorb. They all referred to themselves as sisters. Elodia had a huge family Jolene thought.

Gabby was approached by a trio of girls. "I'm Elly, this is Eryka and Aliyah."

"I'm Gabby and I'm almost ten." All three girls were barefoot, their feet, faces and dresses dirty and their hair loosely tied on a single braid.

"Us too." Eryka said, "Want to pet our dog?" Gabby nodded and ran off with the trio.

"Where's Gabby?" Jolene said in a near panic.

"She obviously made friends with our dynamic trio," Maryann (one of the dragon riders) said. "They will be fine the dogs will keep them from too much mischief."

"Jody, follow me. I live just across the road and really need to get out of my flight suit," Adrianna said. Jolene followed her. We're both about the same size and our hair color is the same."

"Mine is more brown than red."

"More time outdoors in the sun and it will be lighter and redder. I use lemon juice and beer in my shampoo. You should try it. Oh! Forgot to mention, you're staying with me."

"Gabby too?"

"Yes, let me introduce you to my family." Three young women all about the same age as Jolene, with one of them holding a three year old boy greeted them at the door. "These are my beautiful daughters, Gemma, Stella and Geraldine. Gemma's holding my son Jack."

"You don't look much older than your daughters," Jolene said.

"I'm not, I'm twenty-three and they're eighteen."

"She was five or six when we were born!" Gemma teased. "Right Mom?"

"She adopted us," Geraldine said, "Gemma likes to shock everyone, call me Jeri and that's Stells."

"Follow me Jody, you can't be seen at the inn dressed like that."

"I only own two dresses and both are like this one." Adrianna held a brightly patterned red dress up against Jolene.

"That will do," then tossed her a short shift. "We're celebrating your arrival at the inn for dinner." Jolene put the dress up against her to model it in and looked in the mirror blushing.

"This doesn't quite cover my knees! My shoes are packed in my bag."

"None of us wear shoes," Adrianna said then laughed, "Call me Addie, Elodia is Odie, she prefers that or Elody. You'll met the rest at dinner."

"You're all sisters?"

"You too, all dragon riders are sisters. Odie will probably ask you when your birthday is."

"Why?"

"She will tell you. Shall we shower and dress?"

"I need to find Gabby. What's a shower?"

"Don't be surprised or hurt if she prefers to hang out with our little trio of troublemakers. And believe me you'll enjoy a shower."

"She's never had friends before."