Chapter 33 September

School starts soon," Edward said.

"I do want to be a healer-midwife so it's back to school for me."

"Our garden is really looking good."

"We put a lot of work in it. I especially love the ponds and waterfalls."

"David and Eli were most helpful. Mathilda designed the flowered walks."

"She has gift for floral displays. Next year we might get some fruit from all the trees we planted."

"Jo what mischief are you planning for today?"

"Mischief, little me?" Jolene had a bright smile as she spoke and her eyes sparkled.

"I just have a feeling that you and the girls are conspiring, hiding something."

"What would give you that idea?"

"Just an odd feeling."

"You are flying with me today?"

"Wouldn't miss it. Are the girls coming?

"Not this time."

"Will you be in uniform?"

"So many questions, you'll have to be patient. You are taking us, the girls included for breakfast, remember."

"You know I could easily do the cooking, and I enjoy cooking."

"The inn has a special breakfast buffet, the girls are excited to go." They entered the inn and Gabby and Ana stood at the large buffet table.

"They have berries and melons!" Gabby whispered.

"Make sure you get some of the eggs, ham and bacon too, don't just fill up on fruit," Jolene said.

"What's that?" Edward said pointing.

"Quiche, egg pie," Jolene laughed, "It's good I had it once." Edward took a small piece and filled his plate with a little of everything. After eating they returned home. "Are you ready Ed?"

"Yes, so you're wearing your long dress, and going barefoot."

"It's the dress I wore when you took us fishing at Lakepointe."

"I remember it well."

"I packed a nice lunch."

"So we're having a picnic?" Jolene nodded.

"You can ride behind me... Gabby, Ana try to stay out of mischief." Ana and Gabby were flanked with their friends, Wolfy and the bear dogs. The five of them whispering together.

"US? We're little angels," Gabby replied.

"OK my little angels, Kate will be home if you need anything and Teddie is providing lunch."

"I'm so stuffed," Ana said, "I won't need to eat for a week."

"Good bye girls," Edward and Jolene shouted as Blue lifted off, then high over Novi crossed into the void.

They suddenly were flying over a blue expanse of ocean. "That little island is where we are headed," Jolene said.

"It looks like a tiny emerald surrounded in blue." The dragon circled down landing on the soft white sand of the beach. Jolene removed the saddle.

"This sand is so soft!"

"Take off your shoes Ed, it is very soft." He removed his shoes and sat on the sand. Jolene went through the saddlebags and brought out a small glass jar. Then unbuttoning her dress let it fall to the ground. Surprised by her sudden nudity Edward just sat in place staring. "Well don't this sit there, get nakie and oil my back," Jolene said as she began oiling her skin. "Then I'll oil you. We need to prevent a sunburn."

They spent the day swimming in the sea, dragon surfing and diving on the coral reef. They brushed and oiled the dragon and reapplied oil to each other several times. "I've never seen such colorful fish, did you bring towels Jo?"

"Whoopsy...you'll just have to stay nakie. Follow me," Jolene took his hand and led him to the small clear pond and water falls. "Let's rinse off the salt and have lunch." They sat together on the soft sand eating.

"You've gotten really good making pasties sweetheart."

"Thank you. Ed have you given any thought to us having more children?"

"Thinking of adopting?" Edward teased.

"No, you silly goon, I was talking about ME having a baby."

"In ten or twelve years perhaps." Jolene was exasperated as she looked at him. "I know you're pregnant pipsqueak, I overheard you and Teddie talking. And I'm very happy."

"YOU ARE!" Jolene's smile was radiant as moved closer to him and held him tight and kissed him enthusiastically.

"I was waiting for you to tell me, been dropping hints too."

"Shall we have a boy or a girl?" Jolene was smiling and looking into his eyes as she spoke.

"Girls are nice, I would love a little girl. But I would love a little boy too."

"Let's slide down the waterfalls, then you can make love to me," Jolene whispered. They held hands again as both climbed the waterfall and slid together into the pond. They splashed and chased each other and wrestled as they enjoyed the clear cool water of the pond. Blue slept nearby in the sun without a worry in the world.