The Pokémon

I took the small ball from my fathers hands. "Thank you!" I screamed.

"How about we all go outside and open it?" My dad suggested. We all ran outside.

"Just press that little black button!" I was instructed. I scanned the ball with my hand until my finger ran over a little bump. I pressed down on the button and was blinded with light.

The light began to fade to reveal a silhouette of a small animal. A little sheep pokémon stood before me.

"This is Mareep. I found it on my journey to Johto a few years back and I saved it for you." My father knelt down to Mareep. "This is your new trainer, Brendan. Please take care of him." My father pet the soft wool on the pokémon.

"Reep! Mareep!" The pokémon cried as it jumped into my arms.

"Wow! Thanks dad! I love it!" I snuggled with the Mareep.

"When can I start?" I asked eagerly.  

"How about tomorrow? Its already getting a little late." My mother explained.

"Go get some rest so you can be ready to leave tomorrow morning!" My dad said.

I ran up to my room, got on my blue pajamas, and jumped into bed. My mind raced with all of the thoughts of adventure ahead. I pushed the button on my pokéball and Mareep popped out.

"How about you sleep with me tonight Mareep?"

"Mareep!" The pokémon enthusiastically screeched.

The warm wool on Mareep began to make me drowsy until my eyes became to stay open. I fell asleep, ready for a day of adventure.