The Look

"Don't you dare." Sanji called.

Zoro stood with the hose, pouring bone chilling water. Zoro smiled to him as his thumb pressed to the opening of the hose. Sanji took cover behind the tree as Zoro tried to spray him with the water. Having Sanji squealing feeling just a bit and little of the water. Zoro stopped to laugh while Sanji snapped to him behind the tree. Sticking his tongue out to him before hiding behind the tree.

"Awe come on cook, it's just a little water. You said you wanted to cool off." Zoro said.

"Yeah! Like get ice cream, or go to the beach. Not freeze my ass off with that shitty ass water." Sanji barked.

"Fine."

Zoro put the hose back into the pool. While Sanji stepped out. He was wet on one side of his body. He grumbled going up to Zoro and jumping onto his back. Zoro shuddered and scrambled to get Sanji off. Before they fell into the pool with a big splash. They both emerged shuddering slightly before a large splash fight broke out. Which had them both soaked with a truce for a kiss. Sanji pulled back and smiled, but blinked to Zoro's expression. It was something he's never seen before on anyone. Hips lips in a warm smile, his eye looking down to him, his hands cupping Sanji's face and a small chuckle.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Sanji asked.

Zoro furrowed, "Looking at you like what?"

Sanji rolled his eyes, "Eh nevermind. Let's go get something to snack on hm?"

They grinned to each other before going inside. Zoro wrapped a towel around his hips before they headed inside. Sanji dried himself off before Sanji started to make something to snack on. He began to whisk the items together before handing it to Zoro.

"Don't lick it." Sanji said.

But as Sanji turned away Zoro began to lick the batter off the whisk. Once Sanji needed it back he turned to Zoro and furrowed.

"Oi! I said no licking the-"

"It's either the whisk or you hun." Zoro purred.

Sanji blushed slightly before pursing his lips and getting another one. Then pulled out a pan and poured the batter inside then stuck it in the oven for a good 20 minutes. But as he turned to Zoro he furrowed to that look. He just stared at Sanji with a heavy lidded gaze, he was focused on him, and that warm smile on his face. Sanji pulled the whisk down licking at some of the batter before stepping away with the timer. Zoro snapped out of it and watched Sanji step away. Zoro chuckled finishing up the whisk and tossed it into the sink before following after Sanji to the outside. He glanced around for Sanji but stiffened as cold water was blasted to him.

Sanji laughed as Zoro snapped to him. He tossed away his wet towel before storming over to him. He tossed away the hose and pinned him to the house. Sanji giggled softly as Zoro got close and tilted up his chin. They kissed softly having Sanji snap his eyes open and pull back. He furrowed to Zoro. Something was off. This was something, new.

"What's up with you today?" Sanji asked.

Zoro cocked a brow, "What are you talking about?"

"I don't know you're just. Off. Like you keep staring at me, and when you kissed me just now it-"

"Oh good, you got the pool set up."

They turned to Reiju and Perona stepped through the sliding glass door. Zoro backed off Sanji before turning off the hose. Perona and Reiju headed to the pool while Sanji headed inside to check on the treat. Zoro jumped into the pool as the girls grumbled putting sunscreen on each other. Zoro leaned against the edge of the pool watching the inside of the house. Sanji looked like he was preparing something to drink next. Zoro smiled softly resting on his arms.

"Oh Zoro." Perona gasped.

He hummed.

"You've got it bad." Reiju said.

Zoro glanced to them, "What are you talking about?"

"You love him don'tcha?"

"How about you mind your own damn business. And shut the hell up."

"You haven't told him yet?" Reiju asked.

"No."

"Then make it special."

"Special?"

Zoro hummed leaning against the pool, then the timer went off. He got out and picked it up before going inside. Perona and Reiju watched as Zoro and Sanji are chatting before Zoro looks like he freezes up. Reiju sighs flicking down her sunglasses.

"You think Sanji loves Zoro back?" Perona asked.

"Oh I know he does. He told me just the other day. I just wish they would just come out and tell each other."

Zoro and Sanji stepped out with brownies and some cool lemonade. They set them on the table while Sanji started to pour some glasses. He handed one to Zoro first but, came face to face with that same look. Sanji pursed his lips and snapped his fingers in front of his face. Zoro snapped out of it. As Sanji handed him a glass.

"I forgot the straws, can you go get them?" Sanji asked.

Zoro smirked, "What do I get out of it?"

Sanji sighed cupping Zoro's face and kissed him softly. Zoro hummed kissing back before Sanji pulled away and smiled softly.

"Now go get my straws."

He grumbled going inside as Sanji watched him go inside. Sanji then began to pour the glasses before turning to the girls. They leaned against the pool with pleased smiles on their faces.

"What?" Sanji asked.

"You love him don't you?" Reiju asked.

"Wh-what! I mean. I- has he told you he loves me?"

Perona smiled, "More or less."

Sanji smiled, "I do."

As night fell Zoro stayed the night with Sanji. They curled up together, Sanji on Zoro's chest while his hands groomed through Sanji's hair. That warm smile, soft gaze and soft touch was back again. But Sanji didn't mind this time since he knew why he looked at him like that.

Cause he loved him.