Game Day

Chapter Five: Game Day

So today I was at the hotel with my teammates. We always stay at hotels before our tournaments for team bonding. But today was different, Blake was coming.

It was 6:15 in the morning and a few of us girls were in my room getting ready.

"Kenzy, you gotta text." Rachel said.

"Okay, just leave it. I'll look at it later." I told Rachel while Emily was doing my hair.

"But, It's from Blake!" Rachel said showing the messages to Elise as they giggled.

"Give me the phone!" I yelled to Rachel and Elise.

I grabbed my phone to look at the texts.

Blake: Good luck on your first game today, Kenz. Can't wait to see you play

Me: Thanks Blake, what are you doing up so early??

Blake: I wanted to wish you luck before your first game. So what time should I come?

Me: First games at 8:30 and it lasts all day so come whenever you like. I left tickets for you and DJ at the Galen Center.

Blake: Thanks babe, I'll see you there.

"Okay I'm done," Emily said.

I got up and looked at my hair in the mirror She French braided my bangs and put it into a ponytail in the back of my head.

"Thanks girl," I said as I tapped her on the butt ( that was normal for us).

Afterwards we added burgendy and yellow bows to match our jerseys. Then we painted each others faces and put eye black under our eyes.

Before we play, we usually take pictures and then we went to the lockeroom to change jerseys while listening to Jay-Z.

A few hours later it was 3:30 and our seventh game is about to start.

As soon as I stepped on the court, I looked up and saw Blake and DJ in the stands. I was starting to feel a little nervous having Blake watching, but I had to just shake it off. I waved to them and started warming up.

On the first play the Bruins served the ball over and Rachel (our libero) passed it perfectly over to our setter, Stevie. I called a two and went up and hit line.

They didn't even touch it! Then all of us on the court in the middle and did our 'ACE' cheer.

"Uno, Dos, Tres! Say what, say what, ACE!" After we did our dance, I turned around and winked at Blake as him and DJ were going crazy in the stands.

After that game (we won of course) we had a break and I told Blake to meet me in the food court, upstairs.

I spotted him and DJ from across the way. I was still wearing my black Mizuno spandex and my burgendy and black warm up jacket with my nike slides. My bow, eye black and face paint was still in touch.

"Hey Blake," I said as he hugged me.

"Hey girl," he said as he kissed me on my forehead.

"Hey DJ," I said as I gave him a side hug.

"And it's the big one- seven!" DJ exclaimed in an announcer's voice.

"So, I'm guessing ya'll liked the game?" I said as stuffed my hands in the pockets of my warm up jacket.

"Are you kidding? That was ridiculous!" DJ said in astonishment.

"Yeah, babe. You killed it!" Blake said putting his arm around my shoulder, squeezing me tight.

"Yeah, that was incredible," DJ said, "You were like," DJ motioned and jumped in the air swinging his arm.

I laughed, "Is that really what I looked like?" I said looking up at Blake.

"No, of course not babe," he said smiling down at me with his arm still around me.

Afterwards we sat down while Blake and DJ ate.

"So, what time do you get out of here?" Blake asked curiously.

"Well, bracket play goes until around 7:00, if they're on time," I sighed, "Why, what's up?"

"Well, I wanted to see if we could hang out later, you know just talk and kinda get to know each other a little better," he shrugged.

"Rightttt, get to know each other" DJ said with air quotes.

Blake pushed him,"Nigga shut up!" he said jokingly.

I laughed,"Yeah, okay I'd love to." I looked at my phone. "Shit it's 4:30! I gotta go."

"Are you about to play?" DJ asked.

"No, I gotta go ref," I said putting the whistle that was around my neck in my mouth.

I said goodbye and then ran out onto the court.

As I was standing up on the ref post about to blow my whistle, I saw Blake and DJ heading out.

I winked and blew my whistle, nodding my head, and like that they were off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, sorry for the short chapter but I'll be updating again some time tomorrow. Please be sure to vote and please, please, please comment and tell me what you think!!!