Pool Party

Blake's POV:

This morning I woke up with a smile on my face, I was staring at Kenzy as she laid there sleeping.

"Good morning love," I said as she slowly opened her eyes.

"Morning" she said then yawned covering her mouth.

"I've missed waking up next to you," I said looking into her eyes.

She smiled. "What are you doing today?" she asked.

"I'm doing whatever you're doing,"

She laughed softly hitting my arm. "Seriously, what are you doing today?"

"I have to go to practice in a few hours and then you and me can just chill," I said putting my arm around her.

"If I'm not busy," she joked.

"Oh, so now all of a sudden you have a life?" I laughed.

"Shut up ," she laughed again playfully slapping my arm. "Actually, I have to go to work today."

"What are you doing after?" I ask.

"Whatever you want," she said coming closer and pressing her cute little nose against mine.

"DJs having a pool party at his house this afternoon and I'm taking you,"

"That's weird he never told me that,"

"How? Did you see him recently or something?" I asked confused.

"No, no. Definitely not since Paige's party. " She said shaking her head.

"Then how would he have told you?"

"I--" she took a deep breath, "I don't know,"

"Okay, weirdo. Do you want breakfast?" I asked standing up.

She nodded excitedly. I pulled her out of bed and carried her down the stairs on my back.

We went downstairs and I made us eggs and bacon as she made us our morning protein shakes.

After we finished eating, we moved from the kitchen table to the couch in the living room.

I was sitting up as she laid on her back with her head in my lap.

I began to stroke her hair, "So who all is going to this party?" she asked looking up at me.

"I don't know, everyone. Paige and Matias are going,"

"Riiight," she said, "So, dumb question. But will DJ be there?"

"Wow, that was a dumb question. Well, it is his party so yeah I'm pretty sure he'll be there." I said with a hint of sarcasm.

Ever since I accused her of hooking up with DJ, she's been acting weird. "Hey Kenzy is there something you need to tell me?"

Her eyes begin to wander around the room and then finally back at me. "Nope," she said popping the p. "Why?"

"I guess I'm just worried about you," I shrugged.

"Baby," she lifted her hand to my cheek softly rubbing it, "You don't have to worry about me,"

I smiled, "Come on, let's get up. You gotta go to work. "

She sighed, "Alright" she said and got up to get ready for work.

She came back downstairs in her capris leggings, a burgundy and grey windbreaker, nikes, and her bag slung over her shoulder.

"Do you need any help with that?" I offered extending my hand to grab her bag.